Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.globalautoindex.com/news.plt?no=1685

Ford has issued the following press release:

Crossover growth is exploding : Ford Airstream Concept speaks to the future of crossovers as the market segment is projected to top 3 million units annually by the end of the decade.

Green Journey : Ford Airstream Concept is powered by a new plug-in hydrogen hybrid fuel cell – called HySeries Drive – that operates under electric power at all times and delivers the combined city/highway equivalent fuel economy of 41 miles per gallon.

Two icons of American transportation: Ford and Airstream have teamed up to deliver a futuristic crossover concept, showing what tomorrow’s road trip vehicles could look like.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Don't know why but "Roswell" pops into my head when I see it ...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Who gave the green light for this concept... please not J. Mays! I thought they were too straped for cash to put crap like that on the road even for a show car!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth a little...

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
For us old folks....This design concept has been around since the 70's. Remeber the old Matchbox cars? This is very similar to one I had. And it also looks like the O.M. Weiner Mobile:biglaugh:

·
Registered
429 Posts
totally digging the warp core in the back. Ford's really going upscale with this move. Most concepts I see still have the ol' flux capacitor in them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts