Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, im starting to think about which wheels im gonna be purchasing come spring time. Right now, here is what is on my mind.....

19" Milanos

18" or 19" BBS CH

19" BBS RC

19" ADR M-Sport

Those are the ones in my mind right now.... so please, flood this thread with pictures of these wheels on a Passat. Right now, Milanos are at the top of my list, followed my BBS CH. Only problem is, lots of people have these on there Passats.... Id like to be original i guess.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
BBS CH is nice.
Plus, I think 18s are better on the passat than 19s. (sacraledge, I know)
Esp in MSP, were there seems to me more pothole than road. Heck that giant pot hole on the 94 by cedar that was just patched up is opening up again, already after like 1 month.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I like the BBS Rc wheel because you rarely see them on passats. The milanos I have seen quite a bit. You could look into hte Audi A6 4.2 sport package wheel it is polished and rarely seen on a passat. They are 17 x 8 though, and you are looking for 18 or 19. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the BBS Rc wheel because you rarely see them on passats. The milanos I have seen quite a bit. You could look into hte Audi A6 4.2 sport package wheel it is polished and rarely seen on a passat. They are 17 x 8 though, and you are looking for 18 or 19. Good luck.
One thing that might deter me from from getting the BBS RC is that my last set of wheels on my Passat were VW Monte Carlos, a Jetta wheel off the pre-04 GLI... That being said, the BBS RC is wheel that replaced the Monte Carlo on the 04+ Jetta GLI. Maybe something a little bit away from a Jetta wheel.

The milanos look amazing on our cars, but as you said tons of people have them (just off hand I can name ronnieglasses, and quality_sound (old wheel) ).

One factor that will play a role in my decision is the deal I get. Im gonna constantly keeping an eye on ebay for a set of bbs CH's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
One of those wheels is bent. I would not buy these wheels. Hold off you have a while until spring gets here. Did you check into the A6 4.2 polished wheels. They are 17 x 8 with a 35mm backspace. They are very nice

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One of those wheels is bent. I would not buy these wheels. Hold off you have a while until spring gets here. Did you check into the A6 4.2 polished wheels. They are 17 x 8 with a 35mm backspace. They are very nice
I looked at them, they are nice, but I want 18's. My last wheels were 17s and I wasnt happy with the look when i had it dumped, the wheels looked too small.

I cant seem to find RC's in 18's in 5x112

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
If you go to BBS.com, click on American to get it into English and then on the top left click on "Road Wheels". Below that click on application guide.
For 18" for the 04 Passat I get:
RS-GT
CH
LM
RG-R
RE
RX II
RX
VZ
RD
CV
AIR II CK

I only saw the RC listed for the Passat in a 17". What about getting some 5x100s and using adapters?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts