Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After being sold the wrong flupping brake pads by Euro Car parts (I think) (they were the only ones listed for my reg), I looked into it further, and there are in fact two PR codes which it could be, according to a brake manufacturer website. However, I have 'decoded' the codes on my sticker, and none of them match the ones listed. In fact, there is no rear brake code. I assume that this means I have the 'standard' brake system, but I have no ruddy idea what the 'standard' code is! Can anyone enlighten me please?

I have a 365 35X 2011 Passat B7 Estate.

One site lists 1KW, another lists 2EA.

Gah. Why could they not make it chuffing easy?

Ta

Grumpy Mike.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,959 Posts
Did you try installing them and then found out they were wrong? They should be the same I would think. Rarely are there different pad sizes unless the calipers are a different design. It is usually the diameter of the rotor that changes to give greater braking effect. For instance, on my A4, the only difference in front brakes between that and the S4 same year is the size of the rotor. Just need an S4 caliper bracket to space it out farther for a larger diameter rotor. Same caliper and same pads. Drastic difference in braking power. Notice on the eurocarparts site where it shows both PR codes and also lists 2 different rotor sizes. 282mm-310mm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi VAGguy. Thanks for the reply. No, didn't try to fit them - didn't recognise the brembo part number, as I had tried to check that first on their site, Searched for it and it said they were actually for a B6! Euro Car Parts couldn't tell me what the brembo part number should have been, so I will never know if it was a mis-pick, or just plain wrong for the car!

I've found someone with access to the VAG online parts thingie, so hopefully they will be able to get the right VW part, and I can go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts