Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,103 Posts
It would be an ok replacement but if you can find a black rubber one from a different model year, it will last longer.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
Meyle or Corteco are the common brands of these. Using these myself.
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Lens Automotive wheel system

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,103 Posts
The black ones don't look like they have a center hole like the cream one that's on mine currently. Will that still work?
I have one on mine. The picture is of the part standing upright with the hole at the bottom.

·
Registered
2003 Passat GLS Wagon
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cream one is through, but the black one isn't. That's where I'm confused. It's the same thing, just the black one is the new better design?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
The black one is just a different design. Any snub mount from 1998 to 2005 V6 will work.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
edited

Source ETKA
VAG# 8D0 199 339 P
Same part on 1.8 (AEB, ATW, AEB and AWM engine code) and V6's

VAG# 8D0 199 339 L (AUG engine code)
Unless the AUG part is a different diameter... it looks the same as far as I can tell.

Reactions: RattleWagen

·
Registered
28,957 Posts
I found the black snub mount from Autozone to be far better than the yellow foam mounts in terms of density; stronger, stiffer, and heavier without increasing vibration like the poly mounts. I used it on both the 1.8T and V6.

·
Registered
2003 Passat GLS Wagon
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vibration doesn't bother me. The car was a ear drum wrecking nightmare for the first 11 months I owned it. I want the crisp power delivery without it flopping about. Lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts