Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to sell my PS2 and get a new XBOX so I can get a mod chip and never have to pay for another game again. What mod chip do you have?

My friends have a Chameleon that is solderless and they like it but is there a "best one" out there? I am not going to use it for a DVD player either...

Thanks,

Jason
 

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
Joined
·
8,552 Posts
Disclaimer.....I do not condone the use of modified X-box for illegal game copying....Also, you risk the chance of getting booted of Xbox live which requires the original Xbox live game not a copy...Disclaimer.


That being said I have the Matrix chip. And I love it. Never had one issue. It is flashable, so I can update the Bios when ever I want.

My next X-box will have the Xecutor soldered in so it will go in my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you just flash it, what can you do with it? Can you play burned games or does it just make other region games playable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
flashing it will allow you to have all the functions of any chip, only caveat is that you do not have the ability to switch back to original BIOS to play online with XBOX LIVE.

you'll be able to do EVERYTHING else though, saving games to HD, playing copied games, viewing DVDs and various media, the list goes on.

refer to the forums on xbox-scene.com for any questions you still have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:
If you just flash it, what can you do with it? Can you play burned games or does it just make other region games playable?
A mod chip is nice in that the one I listed above, for example, let's you run 5 separate bios' - 4 dip switches = 4 different bios' + all dip switches off = factory X-box mode meaning you can play x-box live if you so desire. However with all dips off you can't play backup copies of the games you purchased so you don't ruin the originals. To me for $50 - it's pretty much a no brainer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sullie said:
LoneStarPoke said:
If you just flash it, what can you do with it? Can you play burned games or does it just make other region games playable?
A mod chip is nice in that the one I listed above, for example, let's you run 5 separate bios' - 4 dip switches = 4 different bios' + all dip switches off = factory X-box mode meaning you can play x-box live if you so desire. However with all dips off you can't play backup copies of the games you purchased so you don't ruin the originals. To me for $50 - it's pretty much a no brainer.
I'm definetely going to go the mod chip route to play my "back up game :lol: " but I just wanna get the best one...

THanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:
Sullie said:
LoneStarPoke said:
If you just flash it, what can you do with it? Can you play burned games or does it just make other region games playable?
A mod chip is nice in that the one I listed above, for example, let's you run 5 separate bios' - 4 dip switches = 4 different bios' + all dip switches off = factory X-box mode meaning you can play x-box live if you so desire. However with all dips off you can't play backup copies of the games you purchased so you don't ruin the originals. To me for $50 - it's pretty much a no brainer.
I'm definetely going to go the mod chip route to play my "back up game :lol: " but I just wanna get the best one...

THanks
I'm going to have to throw up Octick's disclaimer here:

Disclaimer.....I do not condone the use of modified X-box for illegal game copying....Also, you risk the chance of getting booted of Xbox live which requires the original Xbox live game not a copy...Disclaimer.
For the record, I don't want to give the impression that I support the copying of games illegally in any way, shape or manner. However to me, one "should" be allowed to make backup copies of the games you have legally purchased and run them on your system but you're not even allowed to do that which I disagree with.

But again, for the record, I am not endorsing this chip for copying games illegally.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
LoneStarPoke
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top