Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of cone intake should i buy? how big/size is diameter?
what is the size i should purchase for a 98 passat 1.8t?

THX!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Don't take cone intake if you do not have intention to make custom heat shield and instal intake snorkel that will force outside air to directly blow to filter. All other combinations are usless and you will actually lose power.

·
Registered
446 Posts
buy the evoms one, i have it and love it...wit a few mods to it, like hoses from underneath, or some side ventilation, it works like a charm! :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
djskribble705 said:
www.evoms.com

they have the best one!! Honest

Ricahrd
thanks for the evoms linky and recomendation...

i found this: http://www.evoms.com/vw pass 18t intake.htm

but, is there a cheaper alternative???

btw, how do they sound?
thx!!

oh yeah, how hard is the installation? is DIY possible or do i have to go to a mechanic? also, does it come with everything i need or do i need to purchase anything else?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dont do it.

I drove around for two months with a custom heatshield/Cone filter setup. It made the car much louder, but I didnt really notice any power gains.

So then I decided to put back the stock airbox setup.... and I noticed how much 'low end grunt' I had lost with the cone setup. It was really a night and day difference. The stock ramair setup really cant be beat.. add a custom heatshield to the stock airbox, and you'll have the optimum setup.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
F. Monger said:
Dont do it.

I drove around for two months with a custom heatshield/Cone filter setup. It made the car much louder, but I didnt really notice any power gains.

So then I decided to put back the stock airbox setup.... and I noticed how much 'low end grunt' I had lost with the cone setup. It was really a night and day difference. The stock ramair setup really cant be beat.. add a custom heatshield to the stock airbox, and you'll have the optimum setup.
anybody out there with the same experience? specificaly with a 1998 passat 1.8t and this specific evom intake??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
mentos
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing