Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, today while I was driving I noticed a leak in my flex pipe....So thats about $300 to get replaced I believe, so I said mine as well get a new after market exhuast...I was looking to get a cat back exhuast and was looking at greddy g2, remus, and mangno flow. I also was looking into the neuspeed catback...I dont want to spend too much. I would love to hear what you recommend and how much power I will get as well as noise. I dont want a really loud one, just a crisp one. Im 16 and have enough issues with cops, let alone if I get a loud exhuast = )....So please hep me out and give me some advice!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Quiet and crisp? I dunno, most of the exhausts for the B5 are pretty quiet, just a bit more at WOT. Like I said, I like Techtonics. Maybe some other people will chime in with their experiences.

If you want a Neuspeed, http://greedspeed.com has them for $636.95

You're really not going to see much in the way of performance with just the rear section of the exhaust without a downpipe (that would be a true "cat back")

It really seems like getting the flex replaced would be your best option at this point. If $$ and quiet are your main concern.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey guys, today while I was driving I noticed a leak in my flex pipe....So thats about $300 to get replaced I believe, so I said mine as well get a new after market exhuast...I was looking to get a cat back exhuast and was looking at greddy g2, remus, and mangno flow. I also was looking into the neuspeed catback...I dont want to spend too much. I would love to hear what you recommend and how much power I will get as well as noise. I dont want a really loud one, just a crisp one. Im 16 and have enough issues with cops, let alone if I get a loud exhuast = )....So please hep me out and give me some advice!! Thanks guys!

Sorry i was just answering his question regarding a "new after market exhuast." I think i know a little better that a muffler alone will not get 10-15 hp to the crank

But the only thing i can see how you may have thought i ment solely a muffler was saying "magnaflow" instead of magnaflow catback exhaust system.

·
Registered
250 Posts
User 98Passatpimpin is selling an almost new Techtonics exhaust ( no downpipe, because I bought it..sorry.. besides, it was for a Tiptronic..) for around $300 plus shipping..
http://passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225045
Couple that with a new downpipe from Techtonics and you'll have your downpipe back exhaust for just about $600.. Or you can search the classifieds for someone selling a downpipe (like I did)

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
For under $600, it might be a little tough.. Try the classifieds, and you might strike gold. I recently purchased a downpipe and highflow cat combo (Techtonics) from another member, and from what I remember he was also trying to get rid of the exhaust.. I believe he was only asking $300 or so for the exhaust... look up user name 98Passatpimpin to see what the deal is for the rest of the exhaust...
With that said, Jetex makes a nice quality, quiet exhaust system, but for around $540 w/o downpipe, you're probably better off going Techtonics...
I bought the rest of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts