Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have polk/momo seperates for the front and coaxal for the rear.. I am putting them in this weekend and I will get back to you on how they sound. I have been waiting for the 400.4 polk/momo amp to come in before I install them.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
JT02460 said:
I have polk/momo seperates for the front and coaxal for the rear.. I am putting them in this weekend and I will get back to you on how they sound. I have been waiting for the 400x4 polk/momo amp to come in before I install them.

That should be a sweet setup. BTW, Polk doesn't make a 400x4 amp. It would have to be the size of the 1.8T to actually make that much power.

I'm using ID horns and 6.5" midbasses (I abandoned the 8s) up front and ID Chameleon separates in the rear. I'm using an IDMAX12 for the sub. Haven't decided on new amps yet, but probably PPIs from last year.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Paul,

This is the amp
http://www.polkaudio.com/car/product.php?name=c400_4

It is coming in either tomorow on early next week. I also have polk/momo 500.1 monoblock and a polk/momo 10" self enclosed sub.. I will put up pics next week when I install all of it.

Jon :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Jon,

It's a model 400.4, not a 400 watt per channel amp. Hell, it's not even a 400 watt total amp. It's a 300 watt total amp, 75 x 4. Does that make it bad? Nope. Just don't get sucked into the whole "max power" marketing BS.

Did you know that even when the system is screaming, you're only using about 15-20 watts continuously for your mids and highs? Yes they will draw much mors for short periods, but the continuous draw is really that low. Just thought I'd share that.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oooppps... I used an X by mistake.. Sorry ment a . instead..

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
I'm using the Polk DB Components. The old school stuff, not the new, less expensive line. Decent, but were very expensive back in the late 90's ($500). I will probably move up soon. Morel or DLS....keeping my eyes open for deals.

Here's a photo of the DB3000 tweeter. Slips right in behind the stock grills!

Nothing in the rear doors of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Bonthron
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing