Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done numerous searches under door pulls, pins, locks and so on. Is there an OEM door pin that will fit the Passat without using lock tite or some other non-oem method? I've seen the Skoda chrome pins that are nice and of course the brushed aluminum Beetle pins. Again, I would like it to be OEM if possible. Pricing and where to buy them would be great..."Yeah that would be great..."
Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd like to know how you get the original pins off in order to install the Skoda Chrome or Beetle Aluminium Pins...

I've tried unscrewing the original pins and they just won't budge. I really wanted to avoid stripping the door panels off if possible...

Any ideas people ???

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I'd like to know how you get the original pins off in order to install the Skoda Chrome or Beetle Aluminium Pins...

I've tried unscrewing the original pins and they just won't budge. I really wanted to avoid stripping the door panels off if possible...

Any ideas people ???
ditto i got the JOM ones from pgperformance and i don't want to rip the doors apart if i dont need to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've noticed that some websites like parts4euro.com state that you merely unscrew the original and screw the skoda or beetle pins back on. I tried unscrewing mine and they will not budge either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a feeling the pins are actually attached to the connecting rods that move the internal mechanism... and will need to be replaced as one part. I also bet the door panel will have to be removed to do the job.

I want to replace mine so that they fit flush with the top of the door when locked... for safety.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
2.0GTI said:

Any ideas people ???
ditto i got the JOM ones from pgperformance and i don't want to rip the doors apart if i dont need to.
2.0GTI, does your door pins from pgperformance RATTLE LIKE HELL? My front driver side does, and it's driving me NUTS!!! :weirdo:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:34 pm Post subject:

2.0GTI wrote:
Quote:

Any ideas people ???

2.0GTI, does your door pins from pgperformance RATTLE LIKE HELL? My front driver side does, and it's driving me NUTS!!!
i have yet to put them on i hope they don'T. i think you could put some glue or something :???:

·
Registered
631 Posts
VaRiX said:
I want to replace mine so that they fit flush with the top of the door when locked... for safety.
Ditto.

The 2000's and newer have lock pins that sit flush...that's what I want on my 99! The pins themselves can't be more than $2 a piece at the dealer...

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
They do unscrew. I have done it. Getting the old ones off is easy. You will chew them up getting them off.

The hard part is getting the new ones on with pliers and not scratching them. Mine are all scratched. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts