Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm don't think either of those will work... though you don't specify what year your car is.

Blitzsafe VW/AUX DMX V.5 Auxiliary Input Converter for 2002.5-2004 VW Double-DIN Radios will work. I'm afraid that it costs about $70 It plugs into the same place that the CD changer harness does in the back of the radio.

Try http://www.logjamelectronics.com/auxvw.html

I believe that the P.I.E. brand will also work.. but the price is the same..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well When I was on the site I put in my car info and that is what it came up with... A couple days ago Paul posted something about Blaupunkt made an adapter for the stock HU and I think that is what he is talking about but not real sure.

However I do appreciate the other information, I will look that up.

JD

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found that post that I was talking about and it looks like I read it wrong he was talking about something to do with an amp. But you are right that PIE one does look like it would work as well. I wish I could find the schematics and just make one. Oh well I will keep looking.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
JDeer0618 said:
I just found that post that I was talking about and it looks like I read it wrong he was talking about something to do with an amp. But you are right that PIE one does look like it would work as well. I wish I could find the schematics and just make one. Oh well I will keep looking.
You can't just make one.

The headunit has to see the datastream from the CD changer, else it mutes the CD inputs. The $70 interfaces have a microcontroller in them that sends a fake datastream to the headunit. The blitzsafe broadcasts disk 1 track 1 always (and thats what you see on your HU display).

Those other connectors are audio out connectors for hook up to external amps.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just got a 20GB MP3 player (Archos GMini 120) and would like to put a line-in on my Monsoon double-din radio. But I'm confused about which one I need.

I have a Feb '02 build of a 2002 GLS 1.8T with Monsoon (obviously). How do I need if I have a 12 pin or 8 pin CD changer in the back without taking the damn thing apart?

I'm looking at the PIE VW-AUX adapter and Blitzsafe VW/AUX DMX V.5.

Any ideas which one would work?

Thanks,

-Craig

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
outrun said:
I just got a 20GB MP3 player (Archos GMini 120) and would like to put a line-in on my Monsoon double-din radio. But I'm confused about which one I need.

I have a Feb '02 build of a 2002 GLS 1.8T with Monsoon (obviously). How do I need if I have a 12 pin or 8 pin CD changer in the back without taking the damn thing apart?

Thanks,

-Craig
Double DIN means 12 pin.

Single DIN means 8 pin.

Thats all you need to know.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mr_Mike said:
outrun said:

Thanks,

-Craig
Double DIN means 12 pin.

Single DIN means 8 pin.

Thats all you need to know.
Thanks Mr_Mike.

Both the items I found are for the 12 pin connector. Either one would work? If so, which one is "more" recommended?

Thanks,

-Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.