Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally in the market for a new clutch...anyone have any recommendations???

OEM is roughly $300 + s/h from ECS

i'm looking to get a Stage 1 but am worried about pricing...not looking to pay more than $800 for everything, including Install...

So, what are you rockin and what did you pay?

-TIA

·
Registered
993 Posts
Spec stage 1, I don't know off hand (and ain't gettin up to check) how much I paid. I think it was more than $300, I think closer 4. Stage 1 holds up to like 250 hp and some high torque, I don't really expect to push my b5 to stage 2 or 3 #'s. One thing is I didn't get a flywheel. (Im starting to think I should have.)
The piece was already installed when I heard about some rumor about "fake clutches" (one company re-paining anothers product) Im sure somebody will link it up.
Just do a little research and definatley call the places, lots of businesses thrieve on customer service (they should try to beat other offers.)
good luck!

Matt

·
0 Posts
Go for the oem with a aftermarket fly wheel and you will never regret it sachs or luk hd!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Doesn't the lighter flywheel have certain disadvantages, such as rough idle or ??

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I've had the AWE (Southbend) Stage 2 clutch with OE flywheel in my 99 for almost a year. It performs very well. I had originally planned to go with Sachs, but we couldn't locate one in time, so I ordered from AWE. I haven't had any problems. It does its job.

HTH

Kenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Kenny Payne
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing