Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam the club's longest running newb here trying to get some info on a nice 18 inch setup. I have been thinking of the following. I know that there have been info posted but just trying to get some thoughts and opinions. I have a green car so don't really know how black or anthracite wheels (fliks) would look and don't know how to photochop. Thanks

flik artic

These are 18x8.5 though

evo hp

Or the wasssssssssps!

Anybody have any other ideas within these price ranges $999-1099 give or take a hundred?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
EVO'S

The picture just does not do this wheel Justice!
They are a sweet ASS wheel and hard to get because they sell so fast!
The price is even more incredible I must say :wink: [/img]

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL! Nice website link sammyb! Man I love butts. :thumbup: Zap me a pic of your ride if you feel like it. I'm an unemployed photochop dork w/ too much time on my hands. My vote is for the EVO's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info and opinions 8) . I think I am going to make a purchase next week, but might save some more. I was also looking at some other options. So as for tires should I go 225 or 235? Would like a pretty sticky tire.

I was also checking these out, too. Zeus!

Someone had posted about these and if I wait a few more weeks, these might be in the picture and save some more. So, would I need wheel spacers for 8.5" wide? Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
ewww - don't like those evos.

Artics are purdy. 8.5 seems pretty wide tho (adds unnecessary weight).

I'd say go with 235/40/18 tires. especially on the 8.5" rim. I don't think you'll need spacers - but check the offset to be sure, 35 should be good.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I am in Denver right now visiting an a friend and saw a real nice dark blue variant (maybe a member) with 18's similar to the zeus and it looked real nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts