Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fun question. One I have a clarion EQ that I have under my cd player but it's not held onto anything so when I drive the EQ will fly out and it gets annoying when you do this every 10 mins. I am hoping maybe someone else knows where I can put the eq so it can stay still, Im up for any creative options or something I can put to hold down the clarion where it is now. here is a picture of where it is now:

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww218/rolo718/2009-08-09072313.jpg

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww218/rolo718/2009-08-09072326.jpg

Another question as well you can see i have a sony cd player, I put my fav stations on the 1,2,3,4 options thinking it saved in its memory but when i turn off the car and turn it back on the memory did not save and i have to do it again. Is there a cable maybe I forgot to plug in?

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
See if you can cut a hole in the back of the storage pocket your Clarion is now sitting in so you can slide it further into the dash. You'd need to check to see if there is adequate clearance back there to accommodate the Clarion. See if you have room to slide it back so it's flush with the rest of the dash and attach it to the top of the pocket.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See if you can cut a hole in the back of the storage pocket your Clarion is now sitting in so you can slide it further into the dash. You'd need to check to see if there is adequate clearance back there to accommodate the Clarion. See if you have room to slide it back so it's flush with the rest of the dash and attach it to the top of the pocket.
I see not bad of an idea. thanks i'll see.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
As for the memory not saving the stored radio stations, you've probably got the radios "needs to be always live" power wire hooked up to the cars "on with ignition" power source, or a power source that gets temporarily disconnected when the car is started (load reduction relay). Check the installation manual for the Sony to see which wire this is. Then see what type of power it is being fed from the car. Make changes if needed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just wanted to leave quick update and follow your tip. my boy osox713 he used foam to cover the gap from the top of the din to the eq and then he sprayed painted black to match its so tight and properly istalled its insane it loooks like it was design already for it. here is how it look:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts