Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
I saw Maguiar's claybar kit at K-Mart last weekend. I saw Mother's claybar kit at Pep Boys last time I visited them. I'm sure that there are many on-line vendors, too.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I use the Mother's clay bar from Pep Boys, works like a champ.

·
Registered
302 Posts
not sure if you have GI Joes out there it maybe just a NW thing, but that is where i got mine they have both mothers and meguires. you might try a "super" wal-mart those store have everything

·
Registered
716 Posts
AutoZone, Advance Auto, O'Reilley's, even seen it at WalMart once (Meguiar's kit). If you have Farm & Fleet over there, even they have it. Seek and ye shall find.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Need to buy a claybar too, but wanted to respond that I've used the wheel cleaner and it works excellent. I've used everybody's and it's by far the best cleaner I've used.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
they are few and far between. I also finally found the Meguiar's kit at Checker...

I still want to find a source for only the clar bar with none of that extra stuff...

-Mark

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
DrivinAJetta said:
I got my Mothers clay bar from Pep Boys. Hey, does anyone know if you can safely use a clay bar on alloy wheels if you have a little bit of brake dust stuck on?
You can use it if the wheels have a clearcoat or powder coat on them. Not on polished aluminum.
Check this out http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.