Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i replaced my city light bulbs and low beams but in the process broke the piece that connects the low beam bulb to the to wires, the harness perhaps??? Where do I go about getting two new ones? My other one the wires and bulb are stuck in it due to the "harness" somehow melting some plastic on it... Both low beams still work amazingly, but i don't want to push my luck. Here is a pic of what it is...

·
Registered
41 Posts
May I ask u a question?

How did you take out the city light? Their position is so awkward.

I have installed my HID in low beam and encountered the same problem as you have. I simply cut a little edge and make the wires go through and re-tape it back. It works well so far.

I asked the price for those thing to my dealer in Winnipeg, Canada. They qoute with 5 CDN each. If you want any, I could order for you and ship to you. Honestly/

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the passenger side, i took the air box completely out stuck my head down there and used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out. for the drivers side take the cover off right behind the lights and since there is no room to stick my head in and see what i'm doing w/ the needlenose i used a mechanics mirror (round mirror on a pen) to aim the needle nose. The drivers side was a big PITA. One of the other guides said you should be able to wiggle them out by hand, but i have fat fingers i guess, and needlenose did the job real nice... Hope that helps, still have ?'s let me know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts