Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any site online selling the Sparco front upper strut tie-bar for the B5 Passat.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Pure Motorsports makes one or you could just purchase the A6 bar and modify it. The nice thing about these bars is they are out of the way and not really noticeable when the hood is up.

I have the PMS bar and I noticed a difference pretty quickly despite what some people have to say.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one?

I see from this site that it also fits the 1998.5-01 Audi A4... I guess I could go looking for those as well...

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yup thats the one!! Be careful though my friend tried to install it in his 98 A4 and he couldn't get it under the AC lines. Guess whose car it ended up in.. :lol: My 02 1.8T!!

Took us about an hour to get it in because my secondary alarm (yes I have two alarms and Lo Jack... Just a little paranoide) wires were in the way.

·
Registered
914 Posts
VaRiX said:
I can't seem to find any site online selling the Sparco front upper strut tie-bar for the B5 Passat.

Any ideas?
Any local import shop should be able to get you one. Or any place that sells of can get Sparco products for that matter. Just ask for the B5 A4 strut tower bar. Also make sure you have the round not oblong brake reservour, or the bar wont fit. you can see a pic of which reservour you need here:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=681961#681961

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
MrJackalope
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing