Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows who would install a Wett chip into my ECU? It came from the same year car and model with tip tranny... I was told all I need to do is get it soldered in...
Any input on this?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Anybody knows who would install a Wett chip into my ECU? It came from the same year car and model with tip tranny... I was told all I need to do is get it soldered in...
Any input on this?
Find a local VW/Audi tuner or send both your ECU and chip to a Wetterauer distributor for installation.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
any competent solderer should be able to solder the chip, if the chip came with the base too, though i'd venture that the base could be bought seperately. it might be a good idea to send it to a wett distributor (iirc, there's only one in the states), so they can check the chip and program.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any competent solderer should be able to solder the chip, if the chip came with the base too, though i'd venture that the base could be bought seperately. it might be a good idea to send it to a wett distributor (iirc, there's only one in the states), so they can check the chip and program.

Problem is the new Wett chip doesn't want to touch used chips... Once Kelly left it is hard to do it... Do you guys think I can get the socket somewhere else?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Problem is the new Wett chip doesn't want to touch used chips... Once Kelly left it is hard to do it... Do you guys think I can get the socket somewhere else?
Haha! that's not what I emailed to you :D

Being the US distributor for Wetterauer, we can in fact solder in used chips that have been purchased from someone else, that's fine. At that point you'd just be hiring us for solder work, nothing else.

If I get Wetterauer involved with checking the software to make sure it's going to work etc then we have to have the original paperwork with your name on it.

So go ahead and send it in, we'll solder it down with the feet/prongs (whatever you want to call them) and get you going with the chip.

I just can not guarantee it's going to work. :whistle:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha! that's not what I emailed to you :D

Being the US distributor for Wetterauer, we can in fact solder in used chips that have been purchased from someone else, that's fine. At that point you'd just be hiring us for solder work, nothing else.

If I get Wetterauer involved with checking the software to make sure it's going to work etc then we have to have the original paperwork with your name on it.

So go ahead and send it in, we'll solder it down with the feet/prongs (whatever you want to call them) and get you going with the chip.

I just can not guarantee it's going to work. :whistle:

:thumbup:
Whoops, didn't know you were browsing the forums...
I think I will give it a try Tony. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Whoops, didn't know you were browsing the forums...
I think I will give it a try Tony. Thanks.
haha. it's all good! :thumbup:

we got rapidparts.com by us who do chip soldering, but its like 1 hr drive for you
yeah, anyone should be able to do the solder work, especially those who do chip tuning already (if they are willing to solder in a chip that they didn't sell etc) ..

Only thing they would need is the little feet or prongs that get soldered to the board that the chip plugs onto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts