Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a single A-Pillar 52-mm pod for a boost guage?

I found one at eguages.com for $31.35 made by Auto Meter.
Is there a cheaper place to buy it? Is this the best quality pod?? :???:

I am getting the Omori blue backlit boost guage from AWE Tuning. :wink:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have the Supreme Power Parts integrated A Pillar Pod. Looking for a pod for an '02 was darn near impossible. I doubt that any manufacturer has specified an A Pillar Pod for the '02 an on. AWE has an A4 pod they said could be massaged to work.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
MikeVW said:
I have the Supreme Power Parts integrated A Pillar Pod. Looking for a pod for an '02 was darn near impossible. I doubt that any manufacturer has specified an A Pillar Pod for the '02 an on. AWE has an A4 pod they said could be massaged to work.
That pod looks great, but way too expensive...around 250 bucks. 42designcrafts is building a pod for our cars that matches the beige or grey interior just like spp's if you can wait. The thing is, no one know when they are releasing it, but it should be closer to around 100 bucks.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If only one pod,have you thought of a steering column pod from NewSouthPerformance?

Got mine shipped for 40 bucks off their website. Supposed to match interior pretty well; I haven't installed it yet (maybe this week) but that claims seems to be right.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but I'm looking for a plain pod to attach to the A-pillar.
It doesn't have to be a high end one like the SPP one.

Just a plastic screw on.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get one? :???:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks.

I guess I should rephrase my question:

Where did everyone buy their pod that attaches to their A-Pillar and how much did you pay for it?

Regards!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
hrvat1 said:
thanks.

I guess I should rephrase my question:

Where did everyone buy their pod that attaches to their A-Pillar and how much did you pay for it?

Regards!
Ok, first let me ask, what year is your Passat? If its a b5.5, there is no a-pillar pod that is specifically desighned for your car. No company that i'm aware of ever made a plastic screw on type pod for B5.5's. Your only option, in THIS case, would to use the above mentioned A4 pod (whitch is avalible through e-gauges.com, whitch i have found to have the best prices), or find a universal pod. (availble at kragen for 25$ for a single)
Now if you have a B5, then they do have pods avialbe for you. From what iv'e found, e-gauge.com has the best prices. Though i didn't get my pod from them, i got my gauges from them, but i still haven't found pods, or gauges cheaper then egauges.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5150, thanks for the info.

I have a B5.5
So there isn't even a simple plastic pod for the B5.5??

Does that mean that no one out there with a B5.5 has a guage on their A-Pillar??

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
882 Posts
The MK4 pod from 42nd won't fit the B5.5. I checked into that early on my searching. The A Pillar on the MK4 is drastically different from the B5.5

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Those are the guys I'm talking about. They are still working on one for us A4/Passat guys...MikeVW is right about the contour of the MK4 a pillar, its totally different than our cars.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help guys.
I guess I'll wait on the Boost Guage mod for now.... :cry: :sad: :cry:

I'll keep 42 bookmarked when they hopefully make a pod for us.

Regards,
Tom

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
hrvat1 said:
5150, thanks for the info.

I have a B5.5
So there isn't even a simple plastic pod for the B5.5??

Does that mean that no one out there with a B5.5 has a guage on their A-Pillar??

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I do!!

!!

For how i did it, check this out...
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50386&highlight=

Its not a bolt on project, but at the time, there isn't one for the b5.5's.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts