Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a website, vendor, and/or part number to add a Sub w/ Amp to stock headunit? Isn't a part number that plugs into something in the CD Changer area? I have a Cd Changer too.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
All you need is a Line-Out Converter, or LOC. Any decent audio shop wil have them. Hell, Radio Shack even has them. My favorites are the Peripheral Vendetta 4.5 and the unit that Soundgate makes. Or are you looking for the Blaupunkt adapter? I think that the Blau adapter takes away the powered outputs, but I haven't seen it so I'm not sure.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quality sound is right, But do you have a monsoon system? I have a monsoon system and I went off of the back of the deck and got about 1/2 a volt going to the amp. From this I didn't get much power coming out of the sub. Then I moved the converter to the outputs on the stock amp and got my sub to pound. Also you are going to need a 5 meter RCA cable to run from the HU to the AMP.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a MFD Navi. I think it is an amplified system itself. Plus, I have the monsoon amp going to the speakers.

I have a Stealth JL Audio sub with 250/1 JL Audio Amp.

The only adapter I have heard of is the Blaupunkt. I have never seen any adapter for the stock system or where to get it, so I don't even know what it looks like. I originally had a aftermarket system with Ins and Control for the sub. Now, I don't know how to hook up or control other than stock bass control.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts