Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, everyone, I am new to this forum and happy to meet you all here. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good book which gives detailed intro and instruction on how to fix the car problems. Thanks for help

Frank

·
Registered
326 Posts
Passat Bently Manual, a must have.

You can probably order it throught your favorite local book store.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Try here...

http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.co...AS-T-003&category=Z&part=CD-ROM+Repair+Manual

IIRC, the CD-Rom is the actual repair manual used by VW techs. It will help to be familliar with cars in order to use this manual effectively. Many of the procedures require a VW scan tool (vag-com equivalent at www.ross-tech.com).

The paper manual is more basic. There is more explanation surrounding each procedure, however it is less comprehensive.

I bought the CD, however, in retrospect, I may have gotten more from the paper manual.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
haynes is very good for basic repair. it gives detailed instructions and pictures for basic items, and is cheap. bentley has a lot more info over just about every aspect of the car, but isn't as detailed in their description.

·
Super Moderator
14,049 Posts
Bentley is the awesome and pricey but you can do most things with the $14 Hayne's.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Try this site for the Bentley manual. Over $50 order you get free standard shipping.

VWMart

The paper manual in a lot of ways is better since you can look up things easier by flipping pages and can have it in your car while you do repairs without having to have a computer or laptop near by.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts