Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve taken apart the top of the engine. And can’t find anything like a crank case suction pump, or V pipe or whatever it’s called... where is this thing on the 2.8??

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It's typically called a Suction Jet Pump, VW Part# 058 133 753 B. Based on a search of the Etka PDF, I don't think the V6 has one.
The 1.8T has quite a number of check valves and such, necessary because it's turbocharged. When the turbo is boosting, there is no engine vacuum available for brake booster, etc., so you need check valves and vacuum storage. The V6 avoids much of that complication.

·
Registered
27,352 Posts
I don't think the updated PCV version has them, but the 01 ATQ did. I do not see one in the coolant pipe writeup and that is the updated PCV. On my engine, it was at the back right of the vacuum plate, the 2 white zip ties are on it:

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
AHA and early version ATQ application. ATQ with the hockey puck didn't have them.
If it were on your engine, it would be between inside back corner of bank #2 and drivers side of the throttle body.

Reactions: 13ish

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You may have the pancake version

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool - thank you! I have the hockey puck. I took mine apart and cleaned them up with no-heat, no-caustic oven cleaner

they could probably use a second application as there’s still some funk on them but it’s probably good enough for another year when I replace them.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Do I spy a ripped diaphragm?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,471 Posts
Sure looks like it!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn Rob, you just can't catch a break!

I should add that I couldn't get mine back together again.
Oh, I fully expected to replace that and more... I was sorta kinda turning a blind eye to that lol. No breaks allowed...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered... man, Rock Auto is really helping! Even with exchange, and shipping, it’s half the cost as a Canadian parts site on some things

Reactions: VAGguy
1 - 15 of 15 Posts