Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bad smell ( exhaust smell like) inside the cabin.The dealer told me that my breather hose was broken and he ordered the parts. In order to install I have to wait until April 21st when is the next available appt . Anyone nows how hard is to replacit? where is located?
I m thinking of going and picking it up and installing it myself!
TIA

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
air breather hose, eeehhmmm i don't know the werabout, but it should be easy to install, theres no hard job if you have tools and time :)

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Is it a V6 or 1.8T????

Well, for a 1.8T, the PCV tube that returns vented air back into the intake tract is the black steel tube at the top of this picture:

It dumps into the intake hose that connects the MAF, turbo and DV, as well as the N75 valve (I called it the gengsing root):

Sorry, no V6 pics. HTH.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Herman! that was helpfull!!!!!
I guess the Dealer damage it a month ago when they install new Turbo......I have to ask them to fix it for free!!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Actually if it is your breather hose, it's number 2 in the left side diagram. I replaced mine last month because it was cracked and leaking oil which smelled like exhaust in the passenger compartment.

I also replaced some other parts that were leaking oil (2 PCV valves and hoses), you can read all about it and see the pics here: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71510

·
Registered
454 Posts
I did the work. I think total it was under 50 bucks for all the parts. And a couple of hours of time. Since the hoses are under the intake manifold it was a pain in the A$$. But if you take your time it's easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts