Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with suggestions as to where I should go to buy this online? Everywhere I look it says "excluding wagon." Is that just because of the potential payload in a wagon vs. a sedan? I know I want the Eibach pro kit. Anyone in the Chicago area, how are Dubwerks prices on this kind of stuff? Should I just buy it there? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
try shox.com

i got my Eibach Pro Kit (springs/dampers) for my 99 Passat 1.8 wagon. I'm not sure if it's the same part #... Fairly good priced deal!! For awhile, i've contemplated of removing the whole set up (or the springs- as it was too bumpy for me- bad roads- between work and home..but i think the suspension has finally 'settled' in and perhaps "worn" that the ride is a lot smoother now... Its still sensitive to little bumps and undulations compared to our v6 GLX sedan w/ stock suspension--but it's liveable.. (besides there's a canyon road that i take, a good 2 miles of it- everyday..and i just love the 'controlled' ride it offers).. Although at times, the ride can be tedious (onlong stretch of badly engineered freeways here on SouthernCa).

e

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tiptronic said:
try shox.com

i got my Eibach Pro Kit (springs/dampers) for my 99 Passat 1.8 wagon. I'm not sure if it's the same part #... Fairly good priced deal!! For awhile, i've contemplated of removing the whole set up (or the springs- as it was too bumpy for me- bad roads- between work and home..but i think the suspension has finally 'settled' in and perhaps "worn" that the ride is a lot smoother now... Its still sensitive to little bumps and undulations compared to our v6 GLX sedan w/ stock suspension--but it's liveable.. (besides there's a canyon road that i take, a good 2 miles of it- everyday..and i just love the 'controlled' ride it offers).. Although at times, the ride can be tedious (onlong stretch of badly engineered freeways here on SouthernCa).

e
Same part number I am sure.... We did a 98 and a 02 and they were the same.. So I would presume...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
iconnx
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing