Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my engine bay. I want to get the plastic pice that goes under the windshield to cover battery. It wasn't instlled as OE on my model year (98 ). Would it fit from other year model? Where can I get it? How much am I looking at to spend on this "pice of plastic"

Anyone knows the part number?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm not where I can get my hands on the specifics for you right now, but I can tell you that I installed it on my 2000 Passat. There are actually two pieces, the larger piece that fits under the windshield and a smaller piece with is actually the battery cover. If memory serves me, I think I paid about $40-$50 for the two. If the p/n information is not shared before I can get to that information, I will be glad to post it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am unable to find the specific part numbers right now, but I bought the large and small cover and put them on my 99 passat for about $27.00 at http://www.reyreece.com/ shipped to my door from the ray reece dealership in Portland, OR. I had to do a little trimming on the piece to get it to fit around the hinge, but nothing difficult.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
teddert2 said:
I am unable to find the specific part numbers right now, but I bought the large and small cover and put them on my 99 passat for about $27.00 at http://www.reyreece.com/ shipped to my door from the ray reece dealership in Portland, OR. I had to do a little trimming on the piece to get it to fit around the hinge, but nothing difficult.
thx
found it!!
It is called inspection cover and the second piece that goes over the battery is inspection cover cover :crazy:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Some trimming was necessary to get this cover to fit. Not sure what difference, if any, there is between a 1998 and 2000 car, but I had to trim around the cabin air filter barcket on the passenger side and the hood hinge on the drivers side. widen the space in the rubber gasket to fit over the cover and the firewall flange. Was that clear :???:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
GonnaBe1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing