Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Lawry's in Beverly Hills has the "Beef Bowl" cut prime rib. I don't recall the exact size, but it's along the lines of 32+ ounces. Check out lawry's online for the rest of the menu. The food is great, can't miss the creamed corn and their spinning salad.

It's the same cut that is served to all the Rose Bowl players a few days before the event.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
No 40 ounce but close.

The Palm in Santa Monica Blvd. by Staples. It is a landmark and many Hollywood types dine there. Here is a sample of their menu:

-STEAKS AND CHOPS-
Double Steak- 36-ounce New York Strip served for two $71.00
Filet Mignon- 10 ounce $32.50
Filet Mignon- 16 ounce $35.50
Lamb Chops- three double chops $34.50
Prime Aged New York Strip- 18 ounce $35.50
Prime Aged Porterhouse Steak- 28 ounce $41.50
Prime Aged Rib-Eye Steak- 24 ounce $34.50
Prime Rib of Beef $37.00
Steak A La Stone $36.50

They have a Vegas restaurant too and it is located at Ceasar's Palace Forum.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
40oz is really not that much considering it's only around 2-3lbs (I forget whether 1lb = 16oz or 12oz, more used to metric). I think I managed to force down a 4 or 5lb porterhouse once when I was a kid.

IIRC, Morton's has a pretty big porterhouse, though I can't remeber the size of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
julianfang said:
Go to Texas and try the www.bigtexan.com - I thought about doing it, but passed. 72oz steak.

Morton's porterhouse is pretty big. I like Prime ribs and rib eyes because it's nice and tender :p :p :p :p :p so hungry...might have to have steak tonight...

:bow: THAT IS ONE BIG A$$ STEAK :bow:
I think i'm going to order one :nervous:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
have to try that some time! Slightly off topic, but can anyone rec the best bang for the buck steak place in LA? The pantry used to be a really good deal, but I think it got pop w/ the Japanese tourists and the prices went up a lot.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Anyone remember the 96oz from Uncle Buck (John Candy movie?).
"You aren't done" "It is just grizzle" "Yep"

For LA,
There is a Ruth Chris in Beverly Hills, Arnie Morton's of Chicago's , and The Palm was stated.

I make a mean US Prime Filet Mignon on my grill, but I am in the IE.
:D

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Than try Outback for Choice meat that isn't cooked very good.

For medium price range good steaks, I go to Black Angus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
Camrunner
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing