Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've already benefited from the advice and knowledge on the site and look forward to learning more about my 2004 Passat Wagon, and what issues to look out for. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to give much back as I am not mechanically-minded and am more likely to break things than fix them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help, I've bought my car from a used lot (2005). The dealer told me that all I needed to do to get the remote to work was install a new battery. After a bit of digging on this site I realize that it's not exactly that simple. I've read some threads with people who's remotes suddenly stopped working but can't find one thats quite the same as mine..

The remote; doesn't lock/unlock, close/open, anything on the vehicle at this time. I only have one key, so programming one while the other is in the ignition isn't going to happen. I saw a video on youtube where the guy removed the lock assembly, used a screw driver to lock it, and put the key in the ignition. I couldn't get his method to work for me, and I tried multiple times. It's my understanding that the key will not start the vehicle if the glass tic-tac thing (i forgot the name) isn't working. Judging by the fact that the key itself starts/stops the car, and when locked/unlocked the lights flash, and the alarm light flashes after all doors are locked, that the key and the tic-tac are working. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have the wrong battery type? I believe what I have installed is a cr2026, and I've read on this site that other people are using cr2032. Also the indicator light (term?), is also not working if that helps.

I'd love it if someone could help either point me in the right direction of where I can find this info on the site. Or if someone has the knowledge to answer the question that would be awesome. One thing I was looking forward to after driving a 99 Accord with no remote was not having to put a key to a lock. Thanks guys, any and all help will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've completely taken apart my B5 ATW for the first time only using this website, a haynes manual, and all-data. The most annoying thing to find out are nut and bolt sizes. My Volkswagen dealer hates me for how much I've called them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2008 VW Passat Komfort 2.0T. It now needs a fuel pump replaced and a CV boot leak fixed. Can anyone recommend good independent VW repair shops in the Washington DC/Southern MD area? If there is a thread with this info somewhere in the forum, please feel free to point me to it. Thanks much!

101 - 120 of 147 Posts