Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well when i get my car i want to put a cat delete and i need a 3'' downpipe unles, is there any way that i could put the 3'' cat delete at the end 2 5'' or put the 2 5'' downpipe biger so it could all match. well is there s no any way to do that so i would like to get a 3'' downpipe..

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Consider a high-flow cat. If you remove the cat, in addition to polluting the air, you will fail your emissions inspection, meaning you can't drive your car.

SirWired

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Unless your going 3" all the wa tthrough you wasting time and effort .. a pipe is only as big as its smallest orifice.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i'd say a 3" dp with stock exhaust is good if you install a cut-out in the dp, for those who want a stock-like set-up most of the time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if i go 3'' cat delete and a 3'' custom pipe and at the end i put a muffler would that give me a really nice performance exhaust???

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Most cat deletes are 3 inch an reduce slight in size, you can run them with stock down pipe, so I would find a 2.5 inch downpipe and exhaust and call it a day.

·
Registered
582 Posts
so thats how people in long island talk huh

i just got a 2.5" high flow connected to my gt28, it seems plenty big unless you're going HUGE TURBO, im talking 400+ hp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts