Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was curious where the B6s coming to the U.S. are produced. are they made in Wolfsburg, or are they assembled in mexico or elsewhere?

just curious.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Also, the VIN will tell you, at least with the B5. The letter before your car number (the 11th character of your VIN) will tell you(if I recall correctly).

E- Emden

M- Mosel

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you see WVW in your first letters of your VIN, it is German made.
See my post in the General B5 Forum, it looks like the next Generation of Passats for the US is coming from China.

Maybe we can buy Passats at Walmart, down the road??

I'm somewhat bitter about this topic, since I'm German and I'm in the US.
The Passat was always my 1st choice car, build in Germany.,,,

Kind regards,
FS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you see WVW in your first letters of your VIN, it is German made.
See my post in the General B5 Forum, it looks like the next Generation of Passats for the US is coming from China.

Maybe we can buy Passats at Walmart, down the road??

I'm somewhat bitter about this topic, since I'm German and I'm in the US.
The Passat was always my 1st choice car, build in Germany.,,,

Kind regards,
FS
i agree; one of the biggest selling points when i got my MKV GTI was that the american specs were all built in wolfsburg.

Second question: are all wolfsburg editions (i guess for jettas as well) built in wolfsburg; or is that nothing more than badging and certain options - regardless of where it is built?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Mine was produced in Emden 16. april 2007, shiped from Bremerhaven 19. april 2007, and delivered in Lillehammer 23. may 2007.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
That would great to know the dates on my car. How did you find that info. out?
I don`t know if you can find that info when the car is delivered. I contacted my dealer nearly every day to get that info. *The produktiondate was confirmed a month ahead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Second question: are all wolfsburg editions (i guess for jettas as well) built in wolfsburg; or is that nothing more than badging and certain options - regardless of where it is built?
Karuzas, I am not sure, but I would suspect, that this has nothing to do with the point of building, but with the fact, that VW's HQ is in Wolfsburg...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts