Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably is out there somewhere :confused: but I cant find it. I got a C2 Air/fuel ratio wideband gauge now I need instructions on how do I conect the electrical part, and where is the 02 sensor.Tahnks

· RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,277 Posts
be patient - you posted on thanksgiving in the US. some people are still out of town who might be able to answer your question.
ONE of the O2 sensors is sticking out of your exhaust and easily viewable when you open the hood. assuming you have a 1.8T, it will be on the left hand side of the motor - look and you'll see it.

· Banned
8,943 Posts
This probably is out there somewhere :confused: but I cant find it. I got a C2 Air/fuel ratio wideband gauge now I need instructions on how do I conect the electrical part, and where is the 02 sensor.Tahnks
The EGO (exhaust gas oxygen) sensors are on the exhaust, shockingly enough. If your car was made before 2003 (I think) you'll need to get a special EGO sensor that can send a narrowband signal to the engine computer AND send a wideband signal to your gauge. If your car was made 2003 or after (again, I think) then you already have a wideband EGO sensor and so the gauge can connect directly to it.

Please spend some money on a service manual before you end up taking something apart without having any idea how to put it back together again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.