Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tought it will be nice to know who rides what ( for those who have a bad or long commute and a second car to ride)

Well this is my beater
97 Civic HX 158,000 miles

·
Registered
107 Posts
modded 2000 GTI, that led to the Passat in the first place. Its been lowered since this picture, and has clear "Pizzy" side markers. It's the "fun car" in the family. ha

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm one of the lameasses that has to drive his passat everyday 8)

i would not dare drive my other cars everyday i would be stranded all the time :roll:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
driving my Honda 4 days a week. ( the passat is used fridays ) makes me love my Passat even more.
I think if I had just the passat I would get used to it and try to upgrade it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why not drive it every day? That's why I bought it. I haven't done much to it, no fancy mods to wheels or suspension so I don't worry that much. My wife gets annoyed at my parking habits but sort of understands. I'm disappointed when I don't get to drive it.

Just my $0.02 :D

·
0 Posts
i drive my passat everyday and i have a 90 accord with 200 grand what!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah my car was bought with the intention to be driven everyday. If for some reason I have to drive another car, I become very annoyed!

·
Registered
268 Posts
My Passat is my daily beater. Fortunately, my commute (70mi. each way) is only three days a week. Keeps my truck (GMC 2500 Sierra HD Crewcab w/Duramax diesel and Allison tranny) and wifey's 4Runner in shape. You can never have too many cars. :lol:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I have a 90, nissan 240 for everyday fun!

GOTTA LOVE REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

It makes me respect my :b5: even more when I do drive her. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
My primary daily beater is a 1988 RX7 Convertible w/ 192,000 miles on the clock.

My secondary daily beater is a 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L w/ 126,000 miles.

My Garage Queen in a 2001 Infiniti G20t w/ 13,500 miles.

My Garage King in a 2001 B5 classic Passat GLX w/ 12,000 miles (I just put 1,000 miles on him on a weekend excursion). I really need to drive him more.

Heffy

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
My everyday beater/daily driver is a 1991 Toyota Camry (no DX, no LE, no letters) which means there is NOTHING to break on it. I've got 219k miles on the original engine, transmission, etc. I call it my trusty, rusty Camry - it's got A LOT of rust plus it leaks and burns a lot oil. This is probably the last year for it and my Passat will turn into my daily driver. My wife bought the car in 1991 - I took it over in 1999 when it had about 110k miles on it so I've put about 110k miles on it over the last 5 years. ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
glxpassat said:

This little beater is in the works though for some magical transformation.
E30's rock! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wanna get one for a cheap first *personally owned* car (mind you, I'm still a HS student)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I wish my passat slept in the grarage...but she's my everyday car! even tho there is a mercedes benz and a Jaguar in the garage, and a ferrari soon....can't wait!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
22 Participants
1Point8T
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing