Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't quite sure which area was the most appropriate to post this questions. So i'll start here. I have found a really good deal on 17" rims, and am curious what you all think. I currently have the stock 15" steelies, and really want something different, so should I go with the 17" rims or hang tight until I find some 18 or 19's?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
post some pics. i think 19s af kinda big, i like the 17 or 18s. but depends on how they look Pictures

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, how soon in the future do you want the 18"s or 19"s? And how much do you want to spend them? Do you live in a climate that gets snow? How much do you really like these 17"s? Are you still on stock suspension? All these questions should really come into play when purchasing your wheels. The 18"s or 19"s would look a bit silly with stock suspension, so if you're currently on stock shocks and springs, your money would probably be better spent on a suspension package... If you live in an area that gets snow, narrower tires are supposed to be better in snowy/icy conditions, so it may be better to stick with the stock rubber...
With that said, the RS4 wheels pictured are classic.. and are a great addition, no matter what the size.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have 17's on my car with stock suspension and I don't think they look bad but some will say I need to lower the car. If you are going to change to the 17's but you are in an area that gets snow and your car is a daily driver I would wait until Spring before I put them on the car. My car is not a daily driver so the car never sees the road in bad weather :)
As for the wheels you posted the photo of...:thumbup: I hope you get a good deal on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts