Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The tires on my 2005 Pasat 4 motion wagon are very nosey and wearing uneven . I had an alinment and no help .The dealer wants to replace the struts and tie rods , but other mechanics tell me the struts and tie rods are OK any ideas why the noise and unneven wear?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stern ST7

Just picked up a set of 19" Stern ST7's, can anyone tell me what lugs I need to use for these? I have winter steelies on the B5 now. Search of Stern website (Golden Apple wheels?) didnt turn up much..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tire Pressure Question

Ok so I just installed MSR rims with nexen 5000 tires on my 2004 passat. The wheels are 18 inch and tires are 225 40 18. I was wondering if I should follow the manufactures air pressure recomendation listed on the door? I checked the tire pressure and all are at 34 psi. The manufacturer is 44 on back and 35 on front....Now the sidewall calls for 44max pressure, can someone give me soume sound advice.?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
New thread next time. 44psi max pressure is just that, MAXIMUM pressure. The gas cap also is showing for 15-16" tires as well. I'd keep things at 34 psi and see how you like the ride. Watch the tires for excessive wear on the outside edges. You may need to inflate up to 36psi or so to keep them even, but YMMV.

·
Registered
22 Posts
New thread next time. 44psi max pressure is just that, MAXIMUM pressure. The gas cap also is showing for 15-16" tires as well. I'd keep things at 34 psi and see how you like the ride. Watch the tires for excessive wear on the outside edges. You may need to inflate up to 36psi or so to keep them even, but YMMV.
Alright thanks for the quick reply, I'll start a new thread next time just wasn't sure sense it was already discussed here and this is where search brought me.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts