Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the name of the 5 spoke polished wheels are on the 4.2 A6's. I think they are 17 x 8. Any help would be good. Thanks

Erik

·
Registered
345 Posts
I usually refer to them as the 5-spoke V8 A6 wheel. I don't know if they have a name. Same as the TT 5-spoke, aside from the bolt pattern...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
They are actually different than the TT 5 spokes. The TT wheels are 17X7.5 with a 40mm offset (5X100 of course).

The A6 4.2 wheels are 17X8 with a 35mm offset. I searched for these wheels for about 8 months and had to pay top dollar when I found a set. But it was worth it! I bought them from Braman Audi in Fort Lauderdal, FL. They were factory take-offs. I do not know the name, but they are made by Ronal and I found OEM VW centercaps that fit perfectly.

Thanks Nonerock :oops:

HTH,
Lelo

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I paid a little over $1,000 for the wheels only. They offered me the tires that were on them, but the 4.2 uses 255s in those huge flared fenders and that is way too big for our cars. At first I put the 225/45/17 Michelin Pilots I had on my RS4 wheels. Unfortunately, they offered no protection for the wheel and looked rather stretched. I just purchased a set of 235/45/17 Dunlop SP9090s and they worked out great. The ride is perfect and I get compliments on the wheels everyday. I used the centercaps from the VW 17 inch Monte Carlo wheels.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
HTH,
Lelo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts