Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. I just got a free 2003 Passat Wagon (4 cylinder, 1.8t) which had a water friend CCM, stuck calipers, and a bad window system. I was able to free the calipers and drive it home and by the time i was finished fixing everything, it now won't go into drive. I jacked up the front end and wheels barely move a tiny little bit when i give it a ton of gas. The wheels DO move in the correct direction though when doing this, Its like something isn't catching.

There was some water near the TCM, but no visible damage to the wiring hardness or on the circuit board when I opened it up. Any suggestions? I ordered a new one anyways, but if it could be any other thing I would like to investigate all avenues while I wait.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
A generic scanner won't read all codes, a VAG scanner such as VCDS would be much better.

Check transmission fuse/s and wiring.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
If the wheels hardly move without load, that implies that the clutches are not engaging. Could be failed pump, lack of fluid, etc. but I think the problem is more likely to be mechanical rather than electrical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts