Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting lowered soon, and I wanted as much as an aggressive look as I can get with the stock rims, until I can purchase aftermarket. Is it possible to get spacers for the stock setup in order to push the rims out to the fender line, so the look is more agressive once the suspension is on. I will check ecstuning.com but I'm not sure of all the specs that I will need. If anyone has any info let me know.

jgardner18

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Spacers should come with their own bolts. EV is right, ya will then need the appropriate bolts to put the wheel to the spacer.

Cause a spacer attaches to the hub. Then you now attach the wheel to the spacer. So a need for two sets of bolts. Hub and spacer, wheel and spacer.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, anyone done this with stock wheels? Or does this fall into the category of completely lame :thumbdown. I'll probably get spacers on the new wheels too. The look is more agressive with the wheels sitting flush with the fenders. In the meantime I might as well look as good as I can stock as I can. Is the best place to purchase ECS tuning?

jgardner18

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
EV is right, do your own thing. I think this B5 looks sick right here:

You can find better places to get the parts. ECS tends to be pricey. Overly pricey. Determine what you need, cruise the forums for used parts, shop around. Seems spacers go for about 60-80 a pair. You of course can find better at times.

Now about painting my manifold black... :lol:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that passat is pretty sick. who's vehicle is that? I'm a fan of sporting the stock wheels with a lowered car. i'm just seeing how far I can take it. nice white b5 by the way.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glad to see some passat guys running around with the steelies. I always liked that look. thought i would get flamed if did it the passat. way to represent guys.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didn't even see that was your variant. i was meaning to ask you how you seem to know every answer to every mod question posted on the board. nice variant. tons of mods!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i'm actually in works to install my KW coils that will set my car on a 4inch drop. And yes...steelies will remain on all summer. i hope to not win one show or make an effort to do so. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts