Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for places that repair bent wheels? Rim got discontinued and don't have the money to buy a new set right now.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
:thumbup: for discontinued rims. i just finished collecting a set of axis supermesh and i had found one in nj to complete the set.. have you posted a wtb thread on here, b5one. and vwvortex. but there are places here in ct that repair some aftermarket wheels. i just dont like the idea of a repaired rim

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am also looking for a place to fix a bent rim. I'm in the southeast but shipping is almost required for this type of service I think. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Cost?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
There's a couple of places near me: RimPro and Rim and Wheel Works (which had great reviews, not sure if they're still good, I assume they are, but you know how that goes).

·
Registered
842 Posts
i need a place, preferably somewhere near buffalo, ny for a slightly bent rim.

if they can refinish all the rest that are in not-so-good shape it'd be a bonus....

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
If you don't mind shipping you can send it to Noah at MC Wheel (www.mcwheel.com). They do great work - straightening only, no refinishing. Typically he charges about 80-120 depending on size and damage, but if you tell him you're from www.b5one.com, he'll charge between 60 and 100 again depending on damage and size.

He repaired a bent 18" Mille Miglia LM wheel for me - bent lip and slightly out of round. Charged me $100 where as most places wanted $125 to $140 to fix it. I cleaned it up myself afterward and touched up the damaged paint.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
If you don't mind shipping you can send it to Noah at MC Wheel (www.mcwheel.com). They do great work - straightening only, no refinishing. Typically he charges about 80-120 depending on size and damage, but if you tell him you're from www.b5one.com, he'll charge between 60 and 100 again depending on damage and size.

He repaired a bent 18" Mille Miglia LM wheel for me - bent lip and slightly out of round. Charged me $100 where as most places wanted $125 to $140 to fix it. I cleaned it up myself afterward and touched up the damaged paint.
ohh wow thats a bit pricy for just wheel repair without refinishing because refinishing is the most expensive part i believe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm over here in the southeast, and yeah, pretty much figured shipping would be standard for something like this. Refinishing would be nice, but not something I have to have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts