Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my bolts from edge rusted out (some of probably remember those pics) I went to discount tire and got some Gorilla locking lug nuts...Yesterday I went to pick up a wheel that was gettn' some rash taken out of it and the damn key broke when they were puttn' the wheel back on. So i went to discount and got another one and the guy told me that they shouldn't be breaking and only to use a wrentch w/them so he gave me another one. Later on I was going to put the VW C.Caps on the wheels and when I got to the fifth one on the first wheel the damn key broke. What is another alternative to these that actually have a key that will not break all the time and doesn't require you to remove them by hand?
TIA 8)

·
Registered
965 Posts
You might first consider getting a 14x1.5 tap. Clean out all the threads on your hubs, just to make sure there isn't anything in there gunking up the threads.

Then get some RAD locks. Made in Germany and built to last.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I got yet another key from discount and it is made a lot stronger than the last and worked fine this time but I don't know how it will hold up so I'll check those RAD's out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts