Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left wheel guard became loose and while driving yesterday started rubbing the tire to the point that I couldnt drive it. We were far from home and thus had to rip it off.

Im wondering if anyone knows where I can order a replacement.

I assume its called a wheel guard, its the black plastic interior of the wheel arch.

Thanks.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
^second that, the wheel wells are large, shipping would be much more than one well.
Furthermore, a dealership can order a set of...let's say 20...wheelwells at once, which will be stacked inside each other so the total size of the shipment will be almost the same as a single wheelwell, and thus the cost of shipment will be much more reasonable. Ordering a single one for yourself will not have reasonable shipping, and a single wheelwell is a lot more likely to be damaged in shipment because it doesn't have other wheelwells right next to it to keep it from getting bent or crushed.

Yes, I think too much.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
If its the front, it may becuase your belly paint is not connected to it properly, may be worht looking at.

OT, so that is were VW got the name for the stock rims on my car.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
My left wheel guard became loose and while driving yesterday started rubbing the tire to the point that I couldnt drive it. We were far from home and thus had to rip it off.

Im wondering if anyone knows where I can order a replacement.

I assume its called a wheel guard, its the black plastic interior of the wheel arch.

Thanks.
the "wheel well liners" should not be rubbing unless they are not attached to the belly pan, ,,,,,,,,,unless the belly pan isnt there either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
^second that, the wheel wells are large, shipping would be much more than one well.
Actually the wheelliners are pretty thin plastic and they can rollup in to a cylinder (maybe 12 dia x 18 L). I'm sure it would still be cheaper to buy local though.

Wheelliner (2001 Passat, left or right) from 1stvwparts.com sells for about $30 USD. Might want to pick up some screws and nuts as well (Items 6&7, $.43 and $.28 respectfully) Probably need at least 6 or 7 each

1 - 11 of 11 Posts