Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm purchasing some rims from a fellow B5'er, but don't know how to receive the damn thing.
!! Do I have it sent to my apartment? That won't work because I live in an apartment and work all day. I've called a couple of the tire retail stores and none of them provide this type of service. So what next? Where do I receive these tires? DAMNIT...why couldn't I just live in California? SIgh...help a fellow in trouble.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Re: Wheel Delivery? How'd you guys handle it? (bigmac)

Your apartment should be able to recieve it at the office. That is unless you live in 20-unit or less complex. Have it sent to work!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Re: Wheel Delivery? How'd you guys handle it? (Pil)

I have stuff sent to work.

Just received my VisionPlus bulbs 10 minutes ago!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Wheel Delivery? How'd you guys handle it? (Hoop)

I have it sent to work if its big and home if its small.

·
Registered
889 Posts

I have things delivered to my office ... but if that's not workable for you, here's an idea if you already have the tires:

Go to your local service (not gas) station and ask them to install the wheels and tires. When they agree, tell them to make things simpler, you'll have them delivered directly to them and ask them to call you when they arrive so you can drop the car off.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: Wheel Delivery? How'd you guys handle it? (MN Snowman)

Thats some smart thinkin!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts

Brown came to work and had his thinking cap on. He avoided carrying them up to my office and just asked me where I was parked. He pulled up his truck and loaded them in the trunk. Thanks Brown.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Re: Wheel Delivery? How'd you guys handle it? (GaltLine)

Eh, just send it to your buddies house, who has a garage? Or call in sick one day, and wait for them to arrive at home. Who knows? Send em to mom? lol......the gas station seems like a good idea!

·
Registered
195 Posts

I've have all my deliveries sent to work. People think that I'm starting a autoparts shop out of my cubicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts