Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends Passat is making a roaring sound which, when was confirmed, turned out to be the wheel bearings. Now, I have done break jobs, suspensions, normal maint., but I know I dont want to be liable for bearings.

Does anyone know how much it would be to get them put in? I am just curious since my sisters car might need them as well. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll go out and dig through my service reports. What does the bearing sound like when it goes bad? I had (and still have) a grinding noise that I think is coming from the front passenger side wheel. It may be coming from more toward the center of the car, I can't tell. It started when my stealership rotated the tires. I've checked the brakes and can't find anything there. Anyway, I asked my dealer to fix it. They told me they couldn't reproduce the sound (even though it ocurrs all the time) and that it was probably the bearing. :crazy:

It was under warranty so they replaced it to no avail. I'll check what the charges would have been though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the same problem, was this ever resolved? Already tried rotating tires and replacing wheel bearing as well. Nothing.

If you have info on a fix, please let us know. Thanks.

edit: btw, it cost me $150 to replace bearing on one side at an indy shop if anyone cares.

kenoli22 said:
I'll go out and dig through my service reports. What does the bearing sound like when it goes bad? I had (and still have) a grinding noise that I think is coming from the front passenger side wheel. It may be coming from more toward the center of the car, I can't tell. It started when my stealership rotated the tires. I've checked the brakes and can't find anything there. Anyway, I asked my dealer to fix it. They told me they couldn't reproduce the sound (even though it ocurrs all the time) and that it was probably the bearing. :crazy:

It was under warranty so they replaced it to no avail. I'll check what the charges would have been though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
mark_j
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing