Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this to Wheel and Tire but that forum isn't as busy. And If I need to do something I wanna get it done today.

I just got my new Dunlops put on yesterday and when I was washing my car I noticed that the little slug things that are clipped to the wheel, aren't there. On all four tires there is no slug thing???

DO I need to be concerned?

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
are there little metal squares glued to the inside of the wheel instead?

When you had the new tires put on, they naturally rebalanced the wheels. If that shop uses stick-on weights, they'd just toss the clip-ons. Since all four are gone it's not likely that they fell off.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure if there was a different type than the clip on. I feel better now :)

Thanks Mac :thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Macabre said:
are there little metal squares glued to the inside of the wheel instead?

When you had the new tires put on, they naturally rebalanced the wheels. If that shop uses stick-on weights, they'd just toss the clip-ons. Since all four are gone it's not likely that they fell off.
Please clue me in, this is the first car I've had without noticable wheel weights. Just where do they put the darn things.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
rhsrph said:
Please clue me in, this is the first car I've had without noticable wheel weights. Just where do they put the darn things.
Behind the spokes on the inside. You may have to remove the wheels to see them. Makes for a much cleaner look though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts