Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Dallas area, who does the best work on after-market suspensions. I have Bilstein shocks and H&R springs on my car. This lowers the front and back by a little over an inch. My local dealership tells me they cannot get the alignment just right because of the lower stance. I'm looking for someone experienced in dealing with this to fix the problem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Randy,

Dallas is FULL of performance shops.Start calling them.Stop by and peek inside the garage area and visually see the work quality performed then speak with them about your needs.If dealer couldnt do it ,you might need adjustable suspension components.Also you need to double check the dealer that they tried a 1BE setup for you.

·
Registered
26,585 Posts
They dealer (or any shop) will not be able to get the camber in spec, but they should get everything else done without an issue. You could try one of the high-end Audi shops. For the camber to be back in spec, adjustable upper arms would be needed. But with only a 1"drop, you should be close enough to spec that it is not worth changing the upper arms. Did the dealer do an alignment? Do you have the printout? If so, post it up for a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts