Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hmmmm gas prices going up ??

The insane bastards in OPEC would have it no other way (they're causing it)...
Increase gas prices = Everyone will blame it on Bush = OPEC and other pro-terrorist causes will be glad to have a Hanoi Democrat in office :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Many of you are being so stupid to think that the president had anything to do with gas prices, its amazing. I used to hear the same type arguements from eight dollar an hour at most, high school dropout, welfare supported non-working white trash that knew nothing of politics and government. I'm 23 years old, and know better than most of you, and guess what, I'm a salary manager for BP. We are spending alot of money in exploration and other types of energy for the future, and I'm sure someday you will be thanking us, for now I think you just look stupid for involving the president with gas prices so keep doing it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Its funny that our oil prices shoot up based on OPEC which is not where we get the majority of our oil. I wish the Russians would increase their capacity to foster competition with OPEC, but for now they don't have the $$$ to build the infrastructure so they are benefitting from the higher prices.

·
Registered
132 Posts
we talk about all the alternative choices to gasoline cars. Yet, these oil companies would prefer to collect record profits than start a campaign to develop the refueling infrustructure to support a hydrogen based vehicle.

If a fuel cell car was on the market and there was a reasonable way to fuel it up, I think you'd see people attracted to it. And I'm talking a real car, not some econo-box that only attracts the enviro-frugal fringe, but a performance sports sedan that rivals the best gas powered ones of today. Imagine a powerful, virtually silent car with great storage, and no worries about polution that you need to lube the drive motors in each wheel hub once every 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
165 Posts
why is everyone so caught up in the price of gas? I think it's just somthing to complain about...like talking about the weather. Who cares. Whether it's 1.50/gallon or 5.00/gallon us stupid americans will pay it. We'll moan and groan but we'll still pay it. I paid about 1.70 last time I filled up...even if that price doubled I would only spend about another $1000-$1500 a year. If your budget can't handle a $150/mo increase I think you need to watch your spending better, or you drive too much...give it a rest already.
:crazy:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
03PassatGL said:
why is everyone so caught up in the price of gas? I think it's just somthing to complain about...like talking about the weather. Who cares. Whether it's 1.50/gallon or 5.00/gallon us stupid americans will pay it. We'll moan and groan but we'll still pay it. I paid about 1.70 last time I filled up...even if that price doubled I would only spend about another $1000-$1500 a year. If your budget can't handle a $150/mo increase I think you need to watch your spending better, or you drive too much...give it a rest already.
:crazy:
I'm sorry...but while it could be considered fervilous banter...I still HATE it and resent the shit out of something being driven up without really any control. I cant speak for the president's involvement, the one thing I can say with conviction is that the price of fuel and recent run up seems to have no apparent reason or rhyme...I think the refinery shut downs in CA. are merely ploys to jack prices up.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Sharky said:
Urlik said:
It's all Bush's fault. Everyone knows that. :poke:
I guess you think he isn't responsible for anything.

You're probably closer to the truth.
President's are usually less responsible for things than they get both blame and credit for. Civics is a forgotten subject, even by the media. Maybe I should have said especially by the media.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
What are yall complaining about ? More drilling activities = steeper growth ramp for Houston's economy :thumbup: :poke:

Still paying $1.50 for regular here in Houston :thumbup: ... life is good :wink:

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Just imagine the outcry if he said nothing at all? See quote about blame/credit, not like he can really do anything. Who would want him to anyway? I don't want government set pricing.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Urlik said:
Just imagine the outcry if he said nothing at all? See quote about blame/credit, not like he can really do anything. Who would want him to anyway? I don't want government set pricing.
I do. It's my right as an American to get cheap gas. Read the Bill of Rights. :D

41 - 58 of 58 Posts