Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the following in an email a bit ago and thought some would find it interesting.

For two years I’ve been waiting in vain for the North American media to pursue questions about the startling events of September 11th.

Here’s what I want to know:
The multiple hijackings are unprecedented. The first occurs at 7:45 in the morning. It’s a full hour before the first plane hits the World Trade Center. But it’s an hour and 20 minutes -- and after the second plane hits – that the President allegedly becomes informed. Think about that.
Then, he gives no orders. Why? He continues to listen to a student talk about her pet goat. Why?
It’s another 25 minutes until he makes a statement, even as flight 77 is making a bee-line for Washington, DC.
In the almost two hours of the total drama not a single U.S. Air Force interceptor turns a wheel until it’s too late. Why? Was it total incompetence on the part of aircrews trained and equipped to scramble in minutes?
Well, unlike the U.S. Air Force, I’ll cut to the chase. Simply to ask these few questions is to find the official narrative frankly implausible. The more questions you pursue, it becomes more plausible that there’s a different explanation: namely, that elements within the top U.S. military, intelligence and political leadership – which are closely intertwined – are complicit in what happened on September the 11th.
Why U.S. complicity, you ask?
Well, to stampede public opinion into supporting the so-called war on terrorism, to justify a war on Afghanistan for a future oil pipeline, the grab for Middle East oil, big budget increases for the military, and the general drive for global domination by the American Empire.
I know it sounds incredible.
A common explanation as to why no U.S. military interceptors took to the skies on September 11th until it was too late, is that it was “simple incompetence.”

Well, let me deal with the “incompetence theory.” By first taking you back to October 26th, 1999. That is the day the chartered Learjet carrying golfer Payne Stewart crashes, killing all on board. This from the official National Transportation Safety Board crash report:
9:19 a.m.: the flight departs
9:24: The Learjet’s pilot responds to an instruction from air traffic control
9:33: The controller radios another instruction. No response from the pilot. For 4 ½ minutes the controller tries to establish contact.
9:38: Having failed, the controller calls in the military. Note that he did not seek, nor did he require, the approval of the President of the United States, or indeed anyone. It’s standard procedure, followed routinely, to call in the Air Force when radio contact with a commercial passenger jet is lost, or the plane departs from its flight path, or anything along those lines occurs.
9:54 – 16 minutes later -- the F-16 reaches the Learjet at 46,000 feet and conducts a visual inspection.
Total elapsed time: 21 minutes.

So what does this prove? Well, it proves that standing routines exist for dealing with all such emergencies, for instance loss of radio contact. All personnel in the air and on the ground are trained to follow the routines, which have been fine-tuned over decades, as the Learjet incident illustrates.

For large scheduled aircraft, tracked throughout on radar, to depart extravagantly from their flight paths, would trigger numerous calls to the military, especially after two have hit the World Trade Centre and now one is speeding toward Washington, D.C.

It flies over the White House, turns sharply and heads toward the Pentagon. Everyone – and I mean everyone – now knows these planes are very bad news. It’s been reported on all TV networks for more than half an hour that this is a terrorist attack.

Now, Andrews Air Force Base is a huge installation. It’s home to Air Force One, the President’s plane. It’s home base for two combat-ready squadrons of jet interceptors mandated to ensure the safety of the U.S. capital. Andrews is only 12 miles from the White House.

On September 11th the squadrons there were:
The 121st Fighter Squadron of the 113th Fighter Wing, equipped with F-16s
The 321st Marine Fighter Attack Squadron of the 49th Marine Air Group, Detachment A, equipped F/A-18s

This information was on the website of the base on September 11th. [POSSIBLE (cuts)] On September 12th, Andrews chose to update its website. I find it odd that after the update there’s no mention of the F-16 and F-18 fighters. The base becomes, according to the website, home to a transport squadron only.

Yet at 6:30 the evening of September 11th NBC Nightly News, along with many outlets, reported:
"It was after the attack on the Pentagon that the Air Force then decided to scramble F-16s out of the DC National Guard Andrews Air Force Base to fly … a protective cover over Washington, D.C."

Throughout the northeastern United States are many air bases. But that morning no interceptors respond in a timely fashion to the highest alert situation. This includes the Andrews squadrons which have the longest lead time and are 12 miles from the White house.

Whatever the explanation for the huge failure, there have been no reports, to my knowledge, of reprimands. This further weakens the “Incompetence Theory.” Incompetence usually earns reprimands.

This causes me to ask – and other media need to ask – if there were “stand down” orders.

September 11th has brought mostly unpleasant changes, including curtailment of civil liberties and threatened perpetual war. All rooted in the official story of what happened on September 11th. Namely that one evil man and his network are responsible. And that the U.S. military, intelligence and political establishments were all caught totally off guard.

Millions of intelligent people accept this story as their own. “Any argument about any aspect of the conduct of the war against terrorism,” as Globe and Mail columnist John Ibbitson puts it, “must begin with those airplanes smashing into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. And then it must stay there and never move from that spot.”

If it’s that important -- and I agree it is -- then it’s the duty of the media and of intelligent citizens to inquire about any anomalies about September 11th. Today’s question: what did George Bush know and when did he know it on September 11th?

[VIDEO CLIP] David Halton on CBC-TV in a story on the first anniversary of George Bush's taking office (Bush is seen sitting in a classroom at
Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Florida and Andrew Card comes to whisper in Bush's ear):
TRANSCRIPT: "Bush was first informed of the suicide attack at an education event in Florida, his face creasing into anxiety. The crisis transformed his presidency..."

This image, embedded in the official story, has led the world to believe that when Bush’s chief of staff Andrew Card whispered into his ear at an elementary school at 9:05 that morning, it was the first the U.S. president learned that, in his words, America was under attack. But a growing number of people including the careful researchers at www.emperors-clothes.com don’t think so. Using verifiable publicly-available information, Ilarion Bykov and Jared Israel, an intrepid Canadian, raise questions mainstream media stubbornly refuse to even acknowledge.

Consider, Bykov and Israel say, the words of journalist John Cochrane, who was travelling with the president on the morning of September 11th, on an ABC Special Report. Cochrane is speaking to Peter Jennings:

"Peter, as you know, the president's down in Florida talking about education. He got out of his hotel suite this morning, was about to leave, reporters saw the White House chief of staff, Andy Card, whisper into his ear. The reporter said to the president, 'Do you know what's going on in New York?' He said he did, and he said he will have something about it later. His first event is about half an hour at an elementary school in Sarasota, Florida."

“So Bush knew,” writes emperors-clothes, “about the first…incident before leaving his hotel.”

Take other evidence. By 8:20, according to its own official report, the Federal Aviation Authority, the FAA, is fully aware of the unprecedented emergency in the skies.

As Bycov and Israel point out, “The (president of the United States)… travels with an entire staff…(including) the Secret Service, which is responsible for his safety. The members of this support team have the best communications equipment in the world. They maintain contact with, or can easily reach, Bush’s cabinet, the national Military Command Center in the Pentagon, the (FAA)…”

In other words, around 8:46 at the absolute latest the Secret Service and the President would have known of all four hijacked airliners and that one had hit the World Trade Center.

That’s two sets of proofs that question the famous whisper-in-the-ear at 9:05. Still not convinced? How about the typically garbled words of the President himself? From the transcript of a Town Hall session in Orlando, Florida on December 4th:

JORDAN (a third grader): “…how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?” [applause]

THE PRESIDENT: “Thank you, Jordan. Well, Jordan…I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot…. But I was whisked off there, I didn't have much time to think about it. And I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my Chief of Staff…walked in and said, ‘A second plane has hit the tower, America is under attack.’ And, Jordan, I wasn't sure what to think at first.”

Wait a minute! The president tells us he saw the incredible image of the first plane going in. He went ahead with an easily-cancellable appointment. Why? He tells us he knew his country was under attack, yet he continued to listen to a student talk about her pet goat, and such, for another 25 minutes. Why?

Where can you find that Town Hall transcript? On the White House web site. Thanks to a person on the West Coast for drawing it to my attention.

In other words, no matter how you cut it, George W. Bush is acting right here. There are many other facts, equally puzzling. At least for anyone still clinging to the official story of 9-11. His schedule and whereabouts had been publicly announced. Why did the Secret Service not whisk him away for safety’s sake?

Do you think there’s anything here that mainstream media should follow up? Have you noticed any such follow-up? Do you find this as incredible as I do? What will it take to snap people out of the hypnotic trance of the official story and start asking questions? Maybe you calling an editor and raising hell.

Until the world finds out the truth about what really happened on September 11th, the world is held hostage to the so-called war on terrorism. And surely it’s time to recognize that for what it is: harsh final steps to what the U.S. military terms “full spectrum dominance.”
The editors at the New York Times made the right judgment call, in my opinion, by playing this story [“Pentagon Readies Efforts to Sway Sentiment Abroad; Debate over Credibility; New Office Proposes to Send News or Maybe False News to Even Friendly Lands,” by James Dao and Eric Schmitt] at the top of their front page recently. Because a campaign of government deception is a moral issue.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
waaay too long for me to read at the moment, but in the number of paragraphs i've scanned so far....LOTS of inaccuracies.

how many people knew the first plane was really a terrorist act, for starters...?

:poke:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
long and not worth the read, IMO.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Darter said:
how many people knew the first plane was really a terrorist act, for starters...?
Exactly.

From what I read, it seems like Bush knew the first plane hit before he went to the school, and saw a video of the first plane hitting the building before he went into the classroom.

This does not prove if Bush knew this was a terrorist attack. For all he knew it could have been a major accident. I don't think he had all the facts.

America changed that day because the unthinkable happened, a terrorist attack on home soil was the farthest thing from our minds.(It could be argued that it shouldn't have been the farthest thing from the president's mind.)

As far as not launching interceptors, I think we need to find out if the flight traffic controllers did their job and called the airforce....I haven't read up on the facts on this, or don't remember.

Do I think Bush had a pre 9/11 agenda to go back to Iraq at some point in time. Yes.

Do I think Bush knew about 9/11 and did nothing for the purposes said above. No.

I think Bush got caught with his pants down, just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Must be true if emperor-clothes.com say so. I wonder why did they not include the information that CIA killed Kennedy, and that Elvis lives in Scrotum PA under alias.

·
Registered
902 Posts
There is no proof that the CIA did or did not kill Kennedy. :D

I've never been to emperor-clothes.com, but it seems slanted, but I'll reserve judgement for now.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
What a complete waste of the previous 5 minutes of my life. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Boris said:
Must be true if emperor-clothes.com say so. I wonder why did they not include the information that CIA killed Kennedy, and that Elvis lives in Scrotum PA under alias.
Heh, I'd expect something like that from ol' Sharky!

Anyways, I think that we just got off guard, with our pants down, and we didn't really know what to do either....like what kind of contingency (sp?) plans do we have for mass airplane hijacking and crashing into buildings?

Enough with the made up propaganda.... :roll:

*EDIT*

I HAVE 400 POSTS EXACTLY! WHOOHOO!!!

·
Registered
26,803 Posts
Boris said:
For the true story on Elvis,go watch Bubba Ho-Tep.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
The idea is scary and until a full inquest is done into those events and the events leading up to it occur I will reserve judgement. I just don't know. I think that the above is unlikely but it is not outside the realm of possibility. There is evidence that the Mossad knew in advance about the hijacking. This needs to be explored. I want to know why Major General Daniel James who was head of the Texas National Guard at the time of the alleged scrubbing of George W. Bush's National Guard records was appointed by George W. Bush to be commander of the nation's Air National Guard, and why he still hold sthe job after those fighters weren't scrambled. because like it or not folks it took 59 minutes to get fighters on the scene of the Pentagon. They were WAY too late. It should have taken 6 minutes (2 minutes to scramble, a mere 4 minutes to arrive) by Reagan's executive order in 1983.
The Monica Lewinsky investigations cost us 47 million. Only 3 million dollars has been committed to finding out what happened on 9/11. I want our administration to authorize, endorse and support full investigations. I want to see executive order 13233 overturned, which Bush enacted 7 weeks after 9/11 making his records and documents sealed. He is our president people. We (congress, the pentagon, the DOD etc) should be allowed to have records of his conversations and correspondences. These investigations are being blocked. I want to know why. Again I'm not saying that the above post is in anyway accurate or that I think it's true, but nothing has been done by the President, millitary, or congress to prove those accusations false. It just hasn't happened. This really sucks. Bush et al owe it to themselves and the American people to launch a fulls cale inquest into this so we don't have to hear things like above. Good I hope it's not true. Turns out they knew about Pearl Harbor though... so what is mentioned above wouldn't be a first :crazy:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Spirare said:
like it or not folks it took 59 minutes to get fighters on the scene of the Pentagon.
Wow. Did not know or realize this, at this point I figured they knew this was a deliberate act.....fighters should have been in the air.

Spirare said:
I want to see executive order 13233 overturned, which Bush enacted 7 weeks after 9/11 making his records and documents sealed.
-- Did not know about this either. Why would he do this, what's he got to hide? Why go out of your way to hide something if you didn't have something to hide.

I keep reading that president Bush and his cabinet refuse to testify before a grand jury . Why? Why not just go out and tell the truth. Maybe because "officially" lying would be illegal? Maybe we need to put $44 million more into the investigation and find the truth.

Spirare said:
Bush et al owe it to themselves and the American people to launch a fulls cale inquest into this so we don't have to hear things like above.
True, we already know mistakes were made, why not just lay everything on the table. and end the speculation.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Few points to shine light on reality.

Unless the ThreatCon is raised, all fighters are only unarmed airplanes parked in hangars. Do you realize how long it takes to arm an airplane and what is involved?The ordnance is not in proximity, it has to be ordered to be issued and it involves multiple layers of checks and doublechecks to get it authorized. Then the ordnance must be taken to arming point, meantime the airplanes has to be fueled and then loaded with ordnance. Hopefully the pilots got to the base at that time and are briefed on what's going on and what the plan is. Then they can get in the birds, taxy to the end of the runway where the safety devices are taken off and take off. You know, pilots are not hanging around in the G suits and helmets already on just waiting for something to happen. I don't know where are all of you getting this notion that we have planes parked fully armed and fueled with pilots sitting in the cockpits. You are forgetting that the Cold War is over, and even then, we had bombers on alert but no fighters due to US isolation which gave plenty of time to scramble if russian bombers would be detected. Think people.

We were dealing with confusion, disbelief, and finally inflexibility of the system that was in place then. Nobody was expecting what happened. All hijackings before involved demands by taking hostages. Before 9/11 the people in the hijacked planes were the bargaining chips and the terrorists needed for the great majority of them to stay alive in order to negotiate their demands. That is why all the airlines implemented the standard protocol. Don't resist, find out demands, and get negotiators on the line. Well the hijackers knew that, and it was a crucial part in their timeline of their plan. They knew that the passengers will not survive, but we didn't.

As for the classification of the pertinent papers related to investigation, that's just SOP no matter who is in White House. The result of the investigation would make good terrorist manual. I am sure that no stone will be left unturned by the investigation, and all the weaknesses, omissions, and errors will be documented. Now put yourself in a terrorists shoes. Wouldn't you want to get your dirty little paws on that stash? I would because it would save me lot of expense and man hours of casing, surveilance, and planning.

That's my $200.- (inflation :wink: )

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Mindy Kleinberg, presented on March 31, 2003 before the National 9/11 Commission:

"Prior to 9/11, FAA and Department of Defense Manuals gave clear, comprehensive instructions on how to handle everything from minor emergencies to full blown hijackings.
These 'protocols' were in place and were practiced regularly for a good reason -- with heavily trafficked air space; airliners without radio and transponder contact are collisions and/or calamities waiting to happen."

"Those protocols dictate that in the event of an emergency, the FAA is to notify NORAD. Once that notification takes place, it is then the responsibility of NORAD to scramble fighter-jets to intercept the errant plane(s). It is a matter of routine procedure for fighter- jets to 'intercept' commercial airliners in order to regain contact with the pilot."

"If that weren't protection enough, on September 11th, NEADS (or the North East Air Defense System dept of NORAD) was several days into a semi-annual exercise known as 'Vigilant Guardian." This meant that our North East Air Defense system was fully staffed. In short, key officers were manning the operation battle center, 'fighter jets were cocked, loaded, and carrying extra gas on board.' "
http://www.9-11commission.gov/hearings/hearing1/witness_kleinberg.htm

As the above info is true, there would be no worse a time for a hijacking to occur, for the terrorists.

More from Mindy:

"Lucky for the terrorists that none of this mattered on the morning of September 11th. Let me illustrate using just flight 11 as an example: "

"American Airline Flight 11 departed from Boston Logan Airport at 7:45 a.m. The last routine communication between ground control and the plane occurred at 8:13 a.m. Between 8:13 and 8:20 a.m. Flight 11 became unresponsive to ground control. Additionally, radar indicated that the plane had deviated from its assigned path of flight. Soon thereafter, transponder contact was lost -- (although planes can still be seen on radar - even without their transponders)."

"Two Flight 11 airline attendants had separately called American Airlines reporting a hijacking, the presence of weapons, and the infliction of injuries on passengers and crew. At this point, it would seem abundantly clear that Flight 11 was an emergency."

"Yet, according to NORAD's official timeline, NORAD was not contacted until 20 minutes later at 8:40 a.m. Tragically the fighter jets were not deployed until 8:52 a.m. -- a full 32 minutes after the loss of contact with flight 11."

"Why was there a delay in the FAA notifying NORAD? Why was there a delay in NORAD scrambling fighter jets? How is this possible when NEADS was fully staffed with planes at the ready and monitoring our Northeast airspace?"

"Flight's 175, 77 and 93 all had this same repeat pattern of delays in notification and delays in scrambling fighter jets. Delays that are unimaginable considering a plane had, by this time, already hit the World Trade Center."

Mossad, the Israeli intelligence agency warned the CIA and the FBI in August 2001 that terrorists linked to Osama bin Laden were planning large scale terrorist attacks on highly visible targets of commerce and military, to take place imminently.

The CIA completely ignored the warning despite the fact that it correlated with similar urgent warnings from a multitude of other sources.

The Pentagon apparently took the scenario of a plane used as a weapon seriously, because it carried out at least two exercises based on that scenario, in October 2000 and again in May 2001. These "mass casualty" (MASCAL) exercises, held at the Pentagon itself, were designed to prepare emergency responses for the possibility that an airplane might be crashed into the building. The National Reconaissance Office (NRO), the command center for spy satellites run by the CIA in cooperation with other agencies, planned a similar drill on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001! The NRO simulation was designed to test emergency response to the crashing of an airplane into NRO headquarters. It was cancelled when the news came that real planes were being crashed into buildings in real attacks. (See also Aviation Week and Space Technology, 6/3/02, Newhouse News, 1/25/02, ABC News, 9/11/02).

There are simply too many unanswered questions. That's all...

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
I dont believe anything.....

I dont know if it was the terrorists.....or our government.....or who.....

All I know is that they found people to blame pretty dam quickly....

Sometime I feel that even if Osama didnt do it....I think he would say that he would anyways.....this is something he always wanted.

However one think thing that does make me think....is how the hell did they find the passport of one of the hijackers in that pile.....when they cant even find hands and body parts......

Terrorists are bad and its most likely that they did it.....however I wont put all my money on that. We think, decide, know, learn whatever the news and our goverment feeds us......and they are and have been doing that long before 9/11

So before you flame me.....Im not saying who did what...however til I see with my own eyes......I am saying that I dont know!!!

Whatever the case.....RIP to all 9/11 victims!!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 64 Posts