Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never heard of a techtronic transmission but my friend insists there is one. If so, whats the difference?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
1.8Tttturbo said:
i think he's getting confused with tiptronic tranny vs techtonics exhaust.
And then there's Technotronic, but that's the poppy hip hop group from the 80's (remember the song, Pump Up the Jamb?) :biglaugh:

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
aowhaus said:
And then there's Technotronic, but that's the poppy hip hop group from the 80's (remember the song, Pump Up the Jamb?) :biglaugh:
Get up get up get to it, do it, I wanna move your body, get up get up get down to it, before the night is over...haha!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
actually i think i know what your friend is talking about. In countries like Mexico, (where VW has factories and distributers) the tiptronic transmission option is actually listed as Techtronic. I don't know how many countries that is but in Mexico, that is what it is called.

·
Registered
583 Posts
interesting...
all the other countries including germany and usa call it tiptronic...
and mexico wanna call it techtronic? i thought "Tiptronic" is like patented word or something.. u know? like the BMW SMG system..

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Tiptronic is for VW/Audi, BMW uses steptronic? Chrysler uses the autostick. they're all bascially the same thing

·
Registered
120 Posts
...I'm sitting here wondering if a Technotronics exhaust would give my car an "80's" sound.................... :D

Thanks.. now I can't get that song out of my head!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pac87 said:
actually i think i know what your friend is talking about. In countries like Mexico, (where VW has factories and distributers) the tiptronic transmission option is actually listed as Techtronic. I don't know how many countries that is but in Mexico, that is what it is called.
Oh well, he doesnt have to know that ;) I'll just tell him theres no such thing and he was wrong and i was right :p

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Just for kicks I looked up the word on dictionary.com and here is what they say..lol

tec·ton·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tk-tnk)
adj.
Geology. Relating to, causing, or resulting from structural deformation of the earth's crust.

Relating to construction or building.
Architectural.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Late Latin tectonicus, from Greek tektonikos, from tektn, builder. See teks- in Indo-European Roots.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tec·toni·cal·ly adv.

·
Registered
464 Posts
VW calls a lot of things different names in Mexico. Some things don't translate too well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts