Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what products have worked well in keeping your leather seats soft and conditioned. Please share your recommendations.

Thanks

Chad

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
All I can say is to condition the heck out of it. I see so many cars with the leather cracked and dry. I have had my passat for 4 years and it is really smooth and nice. A tiny bit of cracking on the drivers seat to the left, but other then that looks almost new. I condition the leather all the time however.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
www.autopia.org

Read there. Super critical detailing pros on that forum the write ups are quality through and through much like the products they sell.

Don't just condition. Clean .. then condition.

Its like waxing your dirty car.. no wash , no polish.. just seal all the dirt in I assume :crazy: ?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
This is all I've used on my ride. :thumbup:

Lederpflege (Leather Cleaner/Conditioner),

·
Registered
612 Posts
I am going to order some Leatherique for $50 and test it out on my moms 1991 saab...(i use that car as a test car :) ) Anyone else have any experiences with this stuff?

·
Registered
869 Posts
InkBlue said:
I am going to order some Leatherique for $50 and test it out on my moms 1991 saab...(i use that car as a test car :) ) Anyone else have any experiences with this stuff?
I do. It's a good product, but it sure as hell isn't worth $50 for two bottles. Here's my review:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1010583

·
Registered
869 Posts
hoypinoy, it looks like your leather is sagging off of the seats! (rear) my seats are still stretched tight across the frames after 56,000 miles. i'd say this vw leather is holding up pretty well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
Triumph
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing