Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VW Gol. I was looking for rental cars in the Dominican Republic when I came across the VW Gol. I was like WTF? Did they spell that wrong? So I googled it and came up with a car that is between a Golf and a Lupo. Has anyone ever seen these things before? I might have to rent one and do a little review on it.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My girlfriend is from Brazil, so I've seen these in a few magazines she has. VW has a large operation in Brazil and they make a lot of interesting cars there. If the price is really 14.590 in Brazil, it would cost you $4900USD to buy one there. On the other hand, USED BMW 540s run about $75,000USD. In Brazil's economy, buying a used 540i would cost you about $225,000.

Imported cars are very expensive due to a variety of economic sanctions designed to promote Brazilian industry. Companies like VW have a guarantee on certain niches of the market. For example, since they make the Gol there, no other Brazilian car company can make a car in that class. If you want to buy an imported car in that class, they tax the hell out of it and it's very expensive.

From what my girlfriend tells me though, the last thing you want to be driving there is some BMW or Mercedes...unless it's bulletproof. She said it's ok to drive a Passat though. :D

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The Gol (and the Parati) was all over Ecuador when I was there last winter. Also, check out PhillyT's armored Brasilian Passat. :shock:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Z28Driver said:
And people complain about the W8's ads here in the US....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Zuhaib
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing