Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the last 4 months and 1200.00 plus bucks putting this thing together. only thing left is fixing right folding mirror. it is in top shape. is 3900.00 to much / needs nothing. 145'000 miles. runs like a bat out of hell

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Depends on where you're located but at 145k I think $3900 is optimistic. If the car is really clean, you might get it if you're patient. If the exterior/interior color matches what someone is looking for that will help but if someone is just looking for 'a car', you'll probably be undersold by others.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what would be the difference between a dealer and a private seller. I expect what is done to this car ia much better than what a dealer has . what's their guarantee offer. or do they even have one. This car has no codes showing any more . and parts that didn't need to be put in.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,112 Posts
Generally a dealer can command a higher price. Most places offer some kind of warranty, and since a car dealer presumably has a reputation to maintain, people feel they're less likely to get screwed.

·
Registered
27,226 Posts
A Dealer can offer financing, not many people have 3900 in cash available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts