Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

whatcha think

Tags
think whatcha
2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  GrandpaBill 
#1 ·
Received these from ECS today. 17.7.5 and they use round ball seat bolts, 100 bucks per, or 460 delivered. I would have preferred a hyper silver finish, but the mat gun metal will hide brake dust well. They will probably get Conti DWs in the spring. I'll rest the Conti DWS06s 'til the fall. They take 56mm center caps.

See less See more
#3 ·
It all depends on many factors i.e.color of car, suspension height, tire size/profile, offset etc.. I am a wheel whore, 3 sets so far and counting:crazy:. They all totally transform the vehicle in different ways.

Just install it and see how you feel about it, always give some time for the new set to "grow" on you.

Post pics :thumbup:

#5 ·
A problem with the Alzor wheels is that there are no perfect matches with VW caps. A good match is the 70mm cap used with some Touaregs, part number 7L6601149B (be sure to include the B). The retainer clip diameter is about 2mm smaller, so close. I used a bit of 3M double sided molding tape (#03616) on the retaining clips, covered the cap with soft cloth and tapped them in place with a rubber mallet. Here is the result:

#16 ·
First impressions of the Conti EC DWs after a months driving. (I like them a lot.)
They feel different than DWS06s. Compared to the DWs the DWS06 work harder and heat up more at the occasional extreme. I didn't think there was much potential left to explore with my suspension set up. I may have been mistaken. I have exited familiar curves surprised to be going faster than I expected, braking harder to blend with traffic. These may be the most serious tires I've ever driven. The DWS06s when warm would increase cold tire pressure by 6lbs. The DWs are plus four when warm in front and three and a half in the rear. I presently use 31lbs in the front and 31-1/2 rear for a balanced 35 all around.

#18 ·
Considered 45s, but 45s are only 25" diameter. 50s, however are 25.9 across and they zero in the speedo nicely. The 50s provide an additional half inch of sidewall (matching the OEM 205.55.16), useful in my neighborhood. Sexy is as sexy does. (BTW, I had an opportunity to drive these tires in heavy rain today. They were impressively sure-footed at speeds I would be reluctant to relate.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.