Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am going to vent. I was getting gas at a fuel-station. The wind was blowing fierce and just when I was about ready to leave they had a metal advertisement that appeared to hit my car. I got out asking the fuel attendant if that just hit my car. He was moving it saying "oh no it did not hit your car". I look at the car, but the wind was so bad and it was pouring rain. So, I get to my destination and after about 30 mins when the car was starting to dry off I saw that the advertisement had indeed hit my car! I can tell you I was not happy at all. It was pouring down rain, so I couldn't really check out the car at the time. I was out of town and tried to call the company but the receipt only showed an addy and nophone #. What would you guys do? The scratch/scuff is not huge, but I would say about 2.5 inches tall and about 3 Inches long. I have no way to prove myself as well. TIA

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Damn Becca. That's not going to be easy to deal with. But if you are determined enough to follow it through you could get a little check out of the whole deal. But you may need to go back to that station and see if that same attendant is there and see if he remembers you. Then try and get him to say in some fashion that yes, the sign did hit your car. I don't mean to sound to arrogant, but most of those folks that work in those places aren't the most intelligent folks around. The lied to you thinking that he wouldn't get into trouble, but if you corner him I bet he'll admit to it and then you have something to go to the store owner about. Get the atendans name and the store number so that if you have to go to the corperate level you know what you're talking about.

Remember, the sqeaky wheel gets the grease.

Now go out and squeak!!!!! :wink: :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I am just frustrated that I know he lied to me! I was sure it hit my car, but he assured me it did not. Due to the circumstances I couldnt' really assess the problem until I was parked and the car started to dry off. It is amazing what a wet car will hide as far as inperfections. Thanks guys for the insight. :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Becca,

it sounds like he would for sure remeber you. I would go back, find him.. get his name and ask him if he remebers it. Then, call the owner and use this attendants name and say that this was the person who you talked to and at the time he said there was no damage but there indeed was when you were able to look at it. It's worth trying to get them to pay for it. You have a black car right? That shows everything. :(

Kevin

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Many gas stations have camera to catch drive offs. See if one of the cameras angle picked up the sign hitting your car.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Well I had a similar occurrence I am on my way to work @ 6:20 am driving down the street doing maybe 42mph and about 40ft ahead of me a trash truck shoots out of the alley(the one on my side of the street) to turn left so instead of slamming the brakes I cut the wheel all the way to the right and swerve like hell. I was able too avoid everything except the mudflap scraped on my driver side front corner. I was way too shocked to stop look and get that f-ing truck number :mad: , naturally they made no attempt to stop they just kept on going. I still have not gotten it fixed... I feel for you but unless there is evidence they will not take responsibility :( good luck 8) It can not hurt to try and get them to accept responsibility though. at least you know who that person was, I had to tell them it was one of there fleet of garbage trucks. Then told me "are you :crazy:" and pushed me out the door.

there was also some scratches put into the headlight that was replaced a week prior to this occurence, and some scratches in the front corner of the hood.

-Nick

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
If you go back wit the time/date very soon before they purge the cameras they should have it on film. it will show the sign hitting your car. Should be all the proof you need. Do you have a pix of the scuff? If not too bad maybe I can suggest how to buff it out if they don't go good.

Dee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts